Plugin Contributions

Default USPS shipping module update

Hi, we do have the Sept 7 2014 update installed and i just saw a new announcement about something that came up end of October?Do we need to update now?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS shipping module update

It is best to update to current shipping modules ...

This new October 30, 2014 removes the setting for the curl related to the POODLE bug and adds First Class Packaging for those using Online shipping plus there is additional code should someone want to give the customer an option on the Insurance in USPS via an Order Total module ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am really sorry but I have searched all day to find the information and have not yet. I have an older version of Zen but rather than try to update it I did a download on V1.5.3 and am starting over. Have been successful thus far but USPS shipping module is no longer in the new version. I have added the USPS Rate V4 Version K6 but it is not showing up in my actual cart. I was able to install the module with information provided by USPS. But I am missing a step on actually getting it on the cart.

Plugin Contributions

A search of the Plugins for:
    USPS

will reveal this one:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1292

Subscribing to the News and Announcements forum is a good idea:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forumdisplay...-Announcements

and you will also see in there the last USPS announcement:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ovember-2-2014
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I did the search for USPS and printed them all out (I found everything you sent me to.). I did contact USPS Web Tool Registration and got all of that (for my new shopping cart - not using the old info). I installed the two USPS.php in the exact files I was supposed to. I was able to install the module. But when I go to my live shopping cart USPS shipping does not show up in any manner. My email from USPS tells me I have bee granted standard production access. I am currently waiting to talk to someone at USPS (on hold). Am I missing anything else?

Plugin Contributions

Well just got through with USPS and they tell me I am moved over to Production. I still have the same issue. In my shopping cart the only shipping option available is to Pick up in store. I have the USPS Module installed and on. Am I missing a step in actually getting the USPS option to show up in my cart?

Plugin Contributions

Me again. Still researching my issue. I am going back through my old shopping cart and looking for any coding with USPS to try to determine where my issue is. But I just got this debug email from my website. Please note that I am using the most recent download. Here is the actual info from the Developers Tool Kit:
    Line #14 : * @version $Id: usps.php 2014-10-30 ajeh Version K6 $

So here is the debug message I got:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Error><Number>80040B1A</Number><Description>API Disabled: RateV3. The RateV3 API is no longer available. Please follow the "RateV3 to RateV4" transition guide in the announcements section at www.usps.com/webtools to migrate to the latest version or contact your software provider or shipping administrator for assistance.</Description><Source>USPSCOM:oAuth</Source></Error>

Will start doing my research now to see if I can find my fix. Appreciate any help.

Plugin Contributions

You could install the current USPS K6:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1292

Then after a REMOVE, INSTALL and Configure ... at the bottom of the USPS settings you will see the Debug ... set to Log ...

Test some shipping ...

Then, look in the /logs directory and ZIP the shipping logs generated and attach them to your post so that they can be reviewed to see the problems ... thanks!
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I fixed my problem. I totally removed the USPS K6 files and tried installing the K5 version. That didn't work at all. Removed it and downloaded the USPS K6 that is the second download available. I did not use the DOWNLOAD LATEST (I did yesterday). I installed it just like I did yesterday (DOWNLOAD LATEST version) and I have a totally different looking USPS that WORKS. Hope this helps. I had to sleep on it as I was totally frustrated last night.

Plugin Contributions

Those are actually identical, so, I would suspect a problem on the upload to your server was the original problem ...

Thanks for the update that things are now working ...
    Linda McGrath