Plugin Contributions

Default Allow customers to acces Invoice and Packing slip from their account

Hello,

Is there a way to allow the customer to access the invoice and packing slip that I see in the admin from their account?

Lyana

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Allow customers to acces Invoice and Packing slip from their account

Quote Originally Posted by suportafaceri View Post
    Hello,

Is there a way to allow the customer to access the invoice and packing slip that I see in the admin from their account?

Lyana
    The "exact same" as you see in the admin is not available to the customer, at least not as part of the built-in features. Instead it gives the customer a complete summary of their order exactly as they saw it in the order-confirmation screen when they placed the order.

If you want something else for them to see, you can of course write custom code for that or experiment with a plugin like PDF Invoice etc.

Is this "want" simply because someone has asked you for a "formal-looking invoice"? Or is there some business-related problem with what the customers can see in their complete account history?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Allow customers to acces Invoice and Packing slip from their account

Thank you for the answer. I wanted to modify the code for formal Invoicing purpose, I already use the PDF Invoice for clients to use for paying purpose (bank transfer).
    I need the formal Invoice to have a diferent number than the order as I only give a formal Invoice to the customers that pay for the order and I have some customers that do not pay so I cancel those orders.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I see.
    Zen Cart assumes that customers are paying for the things they purchase.
    Assigning completely different order numbers based on other criteria will require a notable amount of custom coding. You're welcome to do whatever suits your needs of course!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.