Plugin Contributions

Default Change templates.

I have my cart all up and running with a free template from online. Wanting to change to a different template. I know that they all have their own folder so installing the new template would put it in a new folder. I also know in the admin section I can tell Zen cart what temp to use. Any way I can keep the existing hot, but be able to open the new one in a test screen to see the look and fix any issues?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change templates.

Quote Originally Posted by cubmanky View Post
    I have my cart all up and running with a free template from online. Wanting to change to a different template. I know that they all have their own folder so installing the new template would put it in a new folder. I also know in the admin section I can tell Zen cart what temp to use. Any way I can keep the existing hot, but be able to open the new one in a test screen to see the look and fix any issues?
    Typical method to do this is to have a development copy of the site so that any changes made would not be visible to those visiting the site, otherwise there is a plugin that allows customers to pick the template that they wish to see... There are other code changes that could be made to use a separate template through the URI chosen; however, again no there is not a way out-of-the box for ZC to basically have two templates running at the same time. They can both be installed, but only one active at a time. To show the second template to a select group would require additional code either already designed or custom.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...