Plugin Contributions

help question Will v151 work with PHP5.6?

Hi - I've got v151 up and working really well on one website right now. I want to install v153 on another website on the same server. The server is running PHP5.2.17 and the hosting company is happy to upgrade to PHP5.6 for me.

The question I have is if I upgrade to PHP5.6 will my store using v151 still work?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Will v151 work with PHP5.6?

Given the number of patches required for a Zen Cart v1.5.1 installation to run under PHP 5.4, I'm going to say "Not likely".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Given the number of patches required for a Zen Cart v1.5.1 installation to run under PHP 5.4, I'm going to say "Not likely".
    Thanks lat9 - What about if I upgraded the website that uses v151 to v153. Would it work with PHP5.6 then?

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Thanks stevesh - I can see that Zen Cart v1.5.1 is compatible with PHP 5.2.14 thru PHP 5.3.x. and the recommendation is that it is better idea to upgrade to v1.5.3. As Zen Cart v1.5.3 is compatible with PHP 5.3.7* thru PHP 5.6 would it be a safer to upgrade my server to PHP 5.3.7 first and then perhaps PHP5.6 at a later date?

My real fear is my store going down right in the middle of the Christmas rush.

Plugin Contributions

If you have the option, I guess I would wait until after the holidays to upgrade both Zencart and PHP.

Plugin Contributions

Would agree with steve, and the plan of incremental php upgrade doesn't sound bad. I have installed zc 1.5.3 on a system with PHP 5.2.17 that was the upgraded to 5.4.x without any issuesn so you could go that route as well... Tricky thing comes into play when dealing with the database at different php levels and passingthe database around from server to server or localhost and/or reverse.

Been a while since I've looked into how that host deals with php,but some hosts allow independent versions based on directory (typically via .htaccess)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I am using 1.53 locally on php 5.6 ok, the only minor issues were with some add-ons not using mysqli.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    I am using 1.53 locally on php 5.6 ok, the only minor issues were with some add-ons not using mysqli.
    What add-on's were those torvista?

Plugin Contributions

I think it was just backup mysql due to a couple of non mysqli calls...but I don't keep records of these minor changes.

I usually use the latest Xampp as soon as it comes out to keep well ahead of the hosting's php level and there is usually something minor that crops up in the error messages rather than the cart actually breaking. And so I don't even think about host php upgrades, never mind worry about them.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...