Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Database Password Changes, Error

Hello!

I'm not extremely tech savvy but I can usually figure things out and I'm in desperate need of help as I've tried everything and spent hours on the phone with GoDaddy for which they cannot help... forgive me, this is a long one:

It started when I tried to log in to my ZenCart admin after a few months of not logging in and couldn't remember my password. My shop is not "live" yet because no one knows about it but I had spent many months prior customizing it so it works seamlessly as a subdomain of my regular website. My shop was running perfectly. I requested an admin password reset but the e-mail never came to my inbox (checked my spam folder too). After several tries at this, I did some research and found out I could reset via my database. I went to my GoDaddy database and realized I didn't have the password for this. (Now I know that it lives in my configure.php files). So I chose to reset my database password and it went downhill from there.

I contacted GoDaddy because it seemed to be taking a long time for the password to reset in the database and I got locked out while it was resetting. During this time I noticed that my shop was down. They told me to go ahead and update the database passwords on my two configure.php files (the one in /includes and the one in myadmin/includes) which I did and uploaded the new files. Still received the generic set-up page from Zencart on my shop stating that one reason I could be receiving the error is because of a database connection issue. I called GoDaddy back because I was still receiving my shop error, they had said there was a problem resetting the password and it didn't reset. After troubleshooting on their end, we reset my database password and I updated my configure.php files to this new password and the shop still wouldn't work. So tonight I called GoDaddy back and we decided to restore the database password back to the original one and I would backup my entire shop files to an old version from before all this happened.

I just did all of that, my backup has been uploaded, the old password has been restored to my database and I still receive the Zen-Cart message that my shop has a possible database connection error. You can see the message here: <www.joanna-baker.com/shop> I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. It seems like such a simple thing, changing the password and yet they have assured me that everything is working perfectly on their end and it has to be something else that I've done. I can't imagine starting over at this point and losing months of work... any help or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,
    Joanna

p.s. - Since I can't access my shop or get into my Admin I can't check what version of Zencart I have, but I downloaded it this summer. I hope that helps!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Password Changes, Zen Cart Error

Actually, you can tell what versionu have without logging in, it's in the includes/version.php file. Just don't edit it.

As for your "installation" issues... When you "uploaded" the configure.php files, did you verify in each file that the permissions were set to at least 644 so that when the files were saved that they actually got saved? Have you reset your cookies on your browser or tried a different browser/computer/mobile device to access the site?

Why don't you post your includes/configure.php file (without database credentials or admin directory listed)? There might be something wrong there. Also, as an fyi, just because the software was "downloaded this summer" doesn't necessarily tell us all that is needed to know. From where was it downloaded, certain was the most recent version at that time? There are still some hosts that offer 1.3.9, so would help to gain some more information as possible. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Thanks for your speedy response! Just checked my version.php file... I have v1.5.1 which I downloaded from the ZenCart website. I have reset my cookies, cleared my cache, and checked it in multiple browsers (and on my husband's computer too). The GoDaddy support tech also got the same Zen Cart message when he checked my shop from his end.

I'm really interested in the permission settings you mentioned. When I check my configure.php files, both are set at 0604 but I don't recall ever changing this. When I check the files via GoDaddy's file manager, the files seemed to update (when I would change the passwords in each file, the updates would show up).

Here's my configure.php file from my admin, I dashed out anything I thought might be sensitive info:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.5.1
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2012 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * File Built by zc_install on 2014-08-10 05:18:27
     */

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "store" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /***************       The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other.      ***********/

/**
     * WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU USE SSL PROTECTION FOR YOUR ENTIRE ADMIN:
     * To do that, make sure you use a "https:" URL for BOTH the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER entries:
     */

define('HTTP_SERVER''http://shop.joanna-baker.com');

define('HTTPS_SERVER''https://shop.joanna-baker.com');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER''http://shop.joanna-baker.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER''https://shop.joanna-baker.com');

// secure webserver for admin?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).

define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN''false');

// secure webserver for storefront?  Valid choices are 'true' or 'false' (including quotes).

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG''false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)

$t1 parse_url(HTTP_SERVER);$p1 $t1['path'];$t2 parse_url(HTTPS_SERVER);$p2 $t2['path'];

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN'preg_replace('#^' str_replace('-''\-'$p1) . '#'''dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG''/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN'preg_replace('#^' str_replace('-''\-'$p2) . '#'''dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'])) . '/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG''/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES''images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS'DIR_WS_IMAGES 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES'HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_TEMPLATE'HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG 'includes/templates/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES''includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES'HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG 'includes/languages/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN'realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../') . '/');

//the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG''/home/content/j/o/a/-------/html/shop/');

//the following path is a COMPLETE path to the /logs/ folder  eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/logs ... and no trailing slash

define('DIR_FS_LOGS''/home/content/j/o/a/-------/html/shop/logs');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_TEMPLATES'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'includes/templates/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP'DIR_FS_ADMIN 'backups/');

define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'email/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'download/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_TYPE''mysql');

define('DB_PREFIX''zen_');

define('DB_CHARSET''latin1');

define('DB_SERVER''---------------');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME''----------------');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD''----------------');

define('DB_DATABASE''--------------');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
      // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from:  none, database, or file
      // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache 
      // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
      // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash  

define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD''none'); 

define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE''/home/content/j/o/a/-------/html/shop/cache');

// Define the webserver and path parameters
      // Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com - 
      // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com
      /* 
       * URLs for your site will be built via:  
       *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_ADMIN or
       *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN or 
       *     HTTP_SERVER plus DIR_WS_CATALOG or 
       *     HTTPS_SERVER plus DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG
       * ...depending on your system configuration settings
       */
    // EOF
    And the following is the configure.php file from my /includes folder:

PHP Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.5.1
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2012 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * File Built by zc_install on 2014-08-10 05:18:27
     */

/*************** NOTE: This file is similar, but DIFFERENT from the "admin" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /***************       The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other.      ***********/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
      // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.your_domain.com
      // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.your_domain.com

define('HTTP_SERVER''http://shop.joanna-baker.com');

define('HTTPS_SERVER''https://shop.joanna-baker.com');

// Use secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('ENABLE_SSL''false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
      // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG''/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG''/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES''images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES''includes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC'DIR_WS_CATALOG 'pub/');

define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES'DIR_WS_INCLUDES 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB''/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
      //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG''/home/content/j/o/a/-------/html/shop/');

//the following path is a COMPLETE path to the /logs/ folder  eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/logs ... and no trailing slash

define('DIR_FS_LOGS''/home/content/j/o/a/-------/html/shop/logs');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'pub/');

define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS'DIR_WS_IMAGES 'uploads/');

define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS'DIR_FS_CATALOG DIR_WS_UPLOADS);

define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES'DIR_FS_CATALOG 'email/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_TYPE''mysql');

define('DB_PREFIX''zen_');

define('DB_CHARSET''latin1');

define('DB_SERVER''------------');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME''-----------');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD''-----------');

define('DB_DATABASE''-----------');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
      // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from:  none, database, or file
      // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache 
      // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
      // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash  

define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD''none'); 

define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE''/home/content/j/o/a/------/html/shop/cache');

// EOF
    Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it =)

Sincerely,
    Joanna

Plugin Contributions

I don't see anything "alarming" there except how is shop."Store" Redirected to that sub-folder? Also, do you have an .htaccess file in the root of your main web address?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I have an .htaccess file in my admin folder of my shop but I don't have one in the root of my main website. I'm not sure what you mean by how shop."Store" is redirected to the sub folder. When I installed ZenCart, I installed it into a subdomain of my site, not in a sub folder. Thank you again for all your help!

Sincerely,
    Joanna

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jelliebean425 View Post
    ... I went to my GoDaddy database and realized I didn't have the password for this. (Now I know that it lives in my configure.php files). So I chose to reset my database password and it went downhill from there.

I contacted GoDaddy because it seemed to be taking a long time for the password to reset in the database and I got locked out while it was resetting. During this time I noticed that my shop was down. They told me to go ahead and update the database passwords on my two configure.php files (the one in /includes and the one in myadmin/includes) which I did and uploaded the new files. ...
    The username and password in the "configure.php" files has nothing to do with the username and password for accessing the Zen Cart administrative interface.

The password for accessing the Zen Cart administrative interface is store in the database - not in any files. The username / password in "configure.php" is for Zen Cart to communicate with the database.

At this point you probably need to find out what the correct username and password are for communicating with the database and verify they match the information in your "configure.php" files.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ihungil,

Thanks so much for your response! Yes, I understand that the admin interface login is completely separate from the database login. I have verified that the username and password that is used in my database are both correct in each of my configure.php files which is why I'm at a loss. I had GoDaddy confirm exactly what username and password they have as showing up for the database on their end. They were even kind enough to check my configure.php files and make sure I had the username and password correct. The issue has to be somewhere else, unfortunately. =(

Sincerely,
    Joanna

Plugin Contributions

.htaccess file existence is as expected... With regards to your database, when you have gone to look at your database through phpmyadmin, what is the name of any table, for example "configuration" is it just that or does it have something before that name? Ie. "zen_configuration" Look through the tables to see if there is only one set of about 98 tables that begin (or have nothing) with the same "database prefix".

It may be that ZC is looking for a set of tables that just aren't in your database..

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    .htaccess file existence is as expected... With regards to your database, when you have gone to look at your database through phpmyadmin, what is the name of any table, for example "configuration" is it just that or does it have something before that name? Ie. "zen_configuration" Look through the tables to see if there is only one set of about 98 tables that begin (or have nothing) with the same "database prefix".

It may be that ZC is looking for a set of tables that just aren't in your database..
    I have 96 tables... should I have exactly 98? They all start with zen_ and then the name of the table. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

You've been focusing on the DB password. Are you sure the DB name and user name are correct? I've never seen this problem caused by anything but erroneous DB credentials in the configure.php files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast