Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: insert an image at the bottom of the catorgories page

thanks i didnt realise id set it to not show the home page, but your suggestion of using tpl_index_categories.php has done the trick thats put the logo at the bottom of the home page and the sub categories pages, changing tpl_index_product_list.php has not put it at the bottom of the product pages though can you suggest why not ?

also as you had a look round the site what do you think to my social media buttons mod are they good enough for me to post them to the mods section

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by premint View Post
    changing tpl_index_product_list.php has not put it at the bottom of the product pages though can you suggest why not ?
    tpl_index_product_list.php is only used on a page where products are listed, not on a specific product.
    But, if you had said that your purpose was only to put just a simple W3C validation icon on every page of the site in the first place we would have advised to put it in tpl_footer.php or tpl_main_page.php (in the "common" folder), because those affect what appears on all pages, and requires only one file be touched instead of your approach to touching multiple files.

also as you had a look round the site what do you think to my social media buttons mod are they good enough for me to post them to the mods section
    Um, I don't see them. Do you mean the somewhat blurry "Verified by Visa" logo at the bottom of the page?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

if you go onto one of the products near the bottom you will see the social media buttons

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

if you go onto one of the products near the bottom you will see the social media buttons
    Oh.
    I see a text link with the word "tweet" on it, but no image. And to the right of that I see an image which says something about tell-a-friend and an envelope symbol on it, but it's not clickable.

So, no, that part doesn't appear to be production-ready.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

hello thanks for replying, i tried the tpl_index_default.php -- for the home page but nothing happened, i modified the file in default-template and the one in classic but still nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So, this image you're wanting to display is just a W3C HTML validation symbol?

Since you've configured your site to not show the home page, but to instead use a category page as the home page, you'll need to make the change to tpl_index_categories.php
    It would be suggested (though hasn't been said here) that the changes made to the default_template files be restored to factory at least as related to the changes made here for this image issue.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

yes thats a good idea i can restore that to factory easily, not sure why my social media buttons dont work for you they do for me, ill look into that some more, would you be willing to have a look at my mod for me and see if you can get it ready to post, its only one short page of php

Plugin Contributions

I found the load time to be rather slow, eventually all of the "popups" over the main images appeared, some were clickable, others were not, I also found the email a friend button to not be clickable and wonder what additional security protections are to be inherently included with that one.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

the facebook, twitter, linkin and google buttons should be all functional, the email a friend button does nothing right now. i was going to look for a script that has all the right security already implemented and just add that into mine

Plugin Contributions

trying not to nit pick here but if you are going to put logos for the validators, you should probably make sure they work correctly.
    The left one takes you to the validator and reports 4 errors on the page, which all involve the code for displaying the validator images....how ironic.
    The right one (for css validation) just fails completely, landing you on a forbidden page with the following text
    Code:
    Some Headers, mandatory for this resource, are missing.

Referer
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

hi thanks i am aware of the errors, and yes i also found it ironic that the 4 errors it finds were for displaying their own logo, i just cut and pasted that from their site so its not even my error, i have no idea why the other fails, but i didnt have any more time to work on it yesterday, i will figure out whats up wit it

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12