Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Order Details Area Suddenly Gone

Hi, My website has been running on 1.3.9 for the past 2 years without issues.
    I commented out a line in my paypal_curl.php file to address the POODLE issue.
    That is the only thing I touched. (uncommenting did not fix my problem)
    Yesterday, the section of the admin order details page where it shows the transaction history, comments and order status are gone.
    How can I get this back?
    I upgraded the PHP version from 5.2 to 5.4 this morning, but it did not help.
    Thanks for any help,
    Sharon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Order Details Area Suddenly Gone

Quote Originally Posted by blissy66 View Post
    Hi, My website has been running on 1.3.9 for the past 2 years without issues. I commented out a line in my paypal_curl.php file to address the POODLE issue. That is the only thing I touched. (uncommenting did not fix my problem) Yesterday, the section of the admin order details page where it shows the transaction history, comments and order status are gone. How can I get this back? I upgraded the PHP version from 5.2 to 5.4 this morning, but it did not help. Thanks for any help, Sharon
    Did you try re-uploading the paypal_curl.php and admin/index.php files from a backup or stock zc-1.3.9.h file set?

Plugin Contributions

What you're seeing is a "partial whitescreen", indicating that there's a debug-log file present in your /cache folder (since you're running v1.3.9). The contents of that log will point you to the PHP-related issue.

Plugin Contributions

Because the problem occurred before the php upgrade and the php version has been upgraded, there may be issues now with adding/editing product and a few other actions even once the white-screen/partial white-screen problem has been resolved. The store should really be upgraded, but temporarily downgrading the php version again would work until the store is upgraded.

One "quick", non-destructive test is to add a new product to the database with the product disable or enabled (doesn't matter, but with it disabled the content is not important) and something entered into the product description. After the product is stored in the database, now try to edit the description and save it. If the product description is found to be blank, then definitely need to do something to align the php version with the ZC version. If the description does go blank, then I advise not to edit any products as they too will lose information upon saving.

Then again, all may be fine let us know what you discover. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you all for you quick replies.
    I downgraded my PHP version from 5.4 to 5.3 but that did not help.
    I then tried to add a new product and discovered I cannot access my catalog anymore so I have the "white screen" error as stated.
    I need to upgrade zen cart to 1.5.x.
    Thank you for your help,
    Happy New Year!
    Regards,
    Sharon