Plugin Contributions

help question CANNOT CHANGE SLIDE SHOW Banners

CANNOT CHANGE SLIDE SHOW BANNERS.

I am trying to develop a new Zen-Cart site on localhost before taking the site live. I have a satellite internet connection that drives me crazy with its delays when trying to work on hosted sites, so I develop and maintain my sites locally and then when I like them I upload to the live URL. Normally I use Serif WebPlus X7 which works with 3 backend carts, but my current project requires a POS bridge to ZenCart.

When I use admin-tools-banner manager to change slide show banners I am asked for the Banner URL. What do I put as Banner URL for a localhost test site that will allow me to test what I have done in localhost and then the finished site live? Everything I have tried so far fails to give me an image in the Slide Show.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Banner url is the location someone is taken to when the link/image is clicked. If the location is local then typically would enter it relative to the host address, though being on a windows server possibly locally and not when on the final system, may have to insert ./ at the beginning of the uri, so instead of say entering sub-folder/index.php?main_page=product_info&ETC. The sub-folder is included if one exists, otherwise if the store is installed as primarily suggested at the uri's root, then the sub-folder/ part could be removed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I think I understand.

If I add the ./ to the local directory on the windows server we can test the banner for proper operations, but when we upload the site to live will the banner still work with the ./ in the URL banner address? I assume it will as the banner folder will be part of the full site upload to the hosted site? Am I correct or will some file have to be changed when the site goes live?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The answer is probably "it depends" ... as in, depends on the way the webserver is configured and how it handles paths vs your local one.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sound like normal life. I guess I will find out when I do it.

Life is what happens while you are making other plans.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CANNOT CHANGE SLIDE SHOW Banners

Quote Originally Posted by RMPowell01 View Post
    but my current project requires a POS bridge to ZenCart.
    Sorry for going totally off-topic, but what do you plan on using? I just built a Point of Sale module (not a bridge, but an actual plugin) and would love to hear your thoughts... Please PM me if you're interested.