Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Installed but my admin log in page is blank.

I recently installed Zen cart 1.54. It installed successfully and the demo page comes up fine. when I try to log in to the admin page it is blank.

Below is my error log entry.
    [17-Jan-2015 14:38:08] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/williams/public_html/Products/admin-WG/includes/classes/class.admin.zcObserverLogEventListener.php on line 118

And here is line 118:
    $levels = static::$levels;

I actually installed it twice. After the first one didn't work, I deleted everything off the server so I wouldn't have duplicates and re-installed. Same result.

What can I do to make it work?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installed but my admin log in page is blank.

Quote Originally Posted by tigershark View Post
    Below is my error log entry.
    [17-Jan-2015 14:38:08] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/williams/public_html/Products/admin-WG/includes/classes/class.admin.zcObserverLogEventListener.php on line 118

And here is line 118:
    $levels = static::$levels;
    Apparently your server is using an obsolete version of PHP.
    See here for a workaround: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...33#post1268233

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Bingo!!! Thank you.
    She works now. (cue the dancing girls...)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The footnote of the article I pointed you to talks about how to switch your site to use a newer version of PHP, if you're using cPanel on your webserver.
    If you don't have that option, it would be prudent to talk to your hosting company to determine when they're going to get the server up-to-date. Being outdated leaves you open to security issues at the server level.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, got into my admin but the only thing that shows is the banner and the green bar in the header. The rest of the screen is blank. I'm also not getting anymore error log entries. Without those, I have no idea where the error is.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Unusual. I don't think I've ever seen that, except that it would still create logs in the /logs/ folder.

Could be that it's dying on timezone misconfiguration, or other PHP misconfiguration problems.
    Could be incomplete files due to various FTP upload failures.

If it's not creating logs, then look at the server's Apache error_log, since that's where PHP errors are usually recorded before ZC redirects them into the /logs/ folder.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Unusual. I don't think I've ever seen that, except that it would still create logs in the /logs/ folder.

Could be that it's dying on timezone misconfiguration, or other PHP misconfiguration problems.
    Could be incomplete files due to various FTP upload failures.

If it's not creating logs, then look at the server's Apache error_log, since that's where PHP errors are usually recorded before ZC redirects them into the /logs/ folder.
    Actually, I've been seeing that often in upgrades recently, at least once the database has been imported.. (OP has not indicated that they have done that yet.)

For some reason the user_id under the previous version(s) would be 0 as well as the designation for the superuser profile... Both make it required to use the forgot password sql to at least establish a superuser, but then even the absence of a superuser profile (assigned to 0) still requires additional sql commands to bring up-to-date.

Haven't chased down if previous version was a one click install though...

Also, OP didn't indicate the source of 1.5.4: was this a one-click install or obtained from the zen-cart site? And is the current database the default demo database or another? (Database upgrade?)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Nothing in the error logs on the server either. It just stopped showing errors. I'm about to give up and use another cart.

Plugin Contributions

Same problem here. Tried searching but it seems as if it is a problem that affects only a small percentage.

Going to post a new thread on this.

Here http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...47#post1270347

Plugin Contributions

Have same error message on line 118.....
    PHP is now set to 5.4 also tried 5.5 and still get blank page for admin log in.

Installed temp fix and it works. Contacted Hostgator and they are looking into the problem. At this point don't know if problem is on Zen-Cart or something on Hostgator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast