Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default align 3 drop down attributes across the page horizontally

Hello,
    I have been checking on the site to see if anyone else tried this but I guess not? I have three attributes and I want to make them go across the Choose 1- choose 2 - choose 3 they are currently in a row, you can see the here
    http://www.stuffwholesale.com/index....oducts_id=1040
    Also I would like to be able put some sort of cancel after each is bought as they are single piece and may not be duplicated, if that is possible?

Thank you for all the help
    Ron

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: align 3 drop down attributes across the page horizontally

Quote Originally Posted by RonGin View Post
    Hello,
    I have been checking on the site to see if anyone else tried this but I guess not? I have three attributes and I want to make them go across the Choose 1- choose 2 - choose 3 they are currently in a row, you can see the here
    http://www.stuffwholesale.com/index....oducts_id=1040
    Also I would like to be able put some sort of cancel after each is bought as they are single piece and may not be duplicated, if that is possible?

Thank you for all the help
    Ron

Ummm, seems like there is more clarification necessary regarding quantity and product control... Is it that in a single purchase say option 5 can only be selected once, or is it that option 5 can only be ever purchased once (to be replaced by some new product eventually) or is it that with $10 this product combination can only be purchased one time. Etc.

I'm torn between suggesting stock by attributes and just product/attribute control possibly with an extra_cart_action file/criteria to prevent adding two of the same selection in a single purchase. Or some other criteria not yet described?

Ohh and the issue with the alignment would be/could be controlled through css for the product, but not using a device to specifically help with the central theme of this thread...
    Last edited by mc12345678; 20 Jan 2015 at 11:32 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ok, this might take a bit. I have right now Group one which has a drop down of #1-7 Group 2 which has 8-14 (but not all are there in that sequence I am adding new products) Group 3 which has 1-7 also. My thought is in group 1 you hit #1 Group 2 Hit #8 Group 3 you would hit #17 say. I would like to set the quantity of each item in each group if possible and also set the quantity to not accept if only 0 in stock. My plan is to sell 3 pair of earring with shipping for $5.00 total price. I hope I explained my self.
    I also want to have it so Group 1-2-3 goes across the page and not up and down. A hype link on the photos would be great also.
    Last edited by RonGin; 21 Jan 2015 at 01:18 AM. Reason: for to ad this to answer

Plugin Contributions

Ok, this might take a bit. I have right now Group one which has a drop down of #1-7 Group 2 which has 8-14 (but not all are there in that sequence I am adding new products) Group 3 which has 1-7 also. My thought is in group 1 you hit #1 Group 2 Hit #8 Group 3 you would hit #17 say. I would like to set the quantity of each item in each group if possible and also set the quantity to not accept if only 0 in stock. My plan is to sell 3 pair of earring with shipping for $5.00 total price. I hope I explained my self.
    I also want to have it so Group 1-2-3 goes across the page and not up and down. A hype link on the photos would be great also.
    Although the above has possibly some errors (group 3 would be 15-21 for numbering), if in fact the individual options within a group is stock dependent, then yes, I would highly suggest using something like Stock-by-attribute. There are commercial products available as well, and it is up to you to decide which way to go with your $5 product, but ZC does not provide stock tracking out-of-the-box for attributes, only products, including products which might have attributes.

Alternatively, there might be some other way to implement this, such as adding the three products individually to the cart to obtain some sort of "discount" which results in the use of the five dollar bill... :) the version modified by potteryhouse is probably most inline with the thought of using a clickable link for the provided image, just realize that the further the customer gets from the central issue (buying the product) the less likely they are to do so from you as they venture off to the next location suggested instead of straight to the purchase...

Plugin Contributions

OK thanks, But how do you get the attributes 1-2-3 to go across the page in a row, rather than as they are in a column?

Plugin Contributions

OK thanks, But how do you get the attributes 1-2-3 to go across the page in a row, rather than as they are in a column?
    So, it looks like there's been some modification of the page to try to create a three column layout. In doing so it also looks like the formatting has gotten all out of sorts... Basically, this is what I did if I were to try to rearrange the page back to the way it was/default:

The tag that has class="wrapperAttribsOptions" wraps the entire attribute (so from Choose 1st: all the way to the last image such that the div tag ends the list. There are three of these div's inside of the div id="productAttributes" tag. Then I used css to assign:

Code:
    .wrapperAttribsOptions {
      display: inline-table;
    }
    or
    Code:
    .wrapperAttribsOptions {
      display: table-cell;
    }
    Either one appeared to line the three columns up side-by-side...

The only thing is that it seemed like it would take some work to restore the lists back to the way they were, also might have to modifiy the css files to undo the few changes that were made recently. The other thing to consider is using some other template folder than the classic folder. Pretty much could just copy that folder whereever it is used and give it a new name, using the same thing throughout.
    Also would need to resequence the names and numbers if you chose to do that.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I will have to study this and see if I can make the change and I will let you know later.
    Thanks
    Ron

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I am back to work on this project and I am looking for some input here to see if I start over again and instead of a single product then putting 3 attributes into the mix can I do a category and make is so that in that category you have to choose 3 products to add to cart and total price for $5.00 for that product?
    Thanks
    Ron

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I am back to work on this project and I am looking for some input here to see if I start over again and instead of a single product then putting 3 attributes into the mix can I do a category and make is so that in that category you have to choose 3 products to add to cart and total price for $5.00 for that product?
    Thanks
    Ron
    Although I've no doubt that this can be done, the 'problem' is that ZenCart has no inbuilt means to distinguish one category from another in order to provide category specific treatment.

About the closest you can get to this without custom coding would be to create a different 'product type', and even that will require some custom coding to actually achieve what you are asking for.

If you can achieve your aim by using a product and attributes then that is the approach *I* would be taking.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

I was thinking that possibly an extra_cart_actions file may be able to work with this, though would need to be careful about ensuring accounting for each aspect is maintained. (Add a product, remove a product, quantity changes, etc...) And either discount the price of a product or add some sort of "discount" to the cart/cart total.

Still custom coding related as pointed out by rodg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast