Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Moved To New Server, store Not Working

I moved several sites to a new server, and now none of them are working. I'm getting the standard error page that says:

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart®.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

I understand that I have to make changes to several files...but which ones, besides /includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php, need changing...and what am I supposed to look for?

I do NOT want to have to rebuild these carts from scratch...in most cases, that's not even a viable option. So your help would be greatly appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved To New Server, ZenCart Not Working

Look further down on that error page; a more detailed reason for the page's display is imbedded in the text.

Moving to a different host, you'll need to change the following settings in the configure.php files, both admin and store-side (at a minimum):
    - DIR_FS_CATALOG, DIR_FS_LOGS, DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE ... point it to your new hosting file structure
    - DB_* settings ... to reference your new hosting database

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moved To New Server, store Not Working

Take a look at this article:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server

It recommends first doing a fresh install on the new server, to generate configure.php files suitable specific to THAT SERVER.
    And THEN preserve those files, copy over all the files and database from the old server, and use the new configure.php files instead of the old ones.
    That saves the risk of missing various edits.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Something went wrong, and I don't know what. I followed all instructions exactly. I wiped the new server clean, reinstalled the base ZenCart installation. Created a new MySql. Went through the installation procedure, and everything was working right. Then I uploaded the saved files from the old site, except for the two configure.php files. I modified them with the new MySql information, and uploaded those last. Now the site has vanished again, to be replaced with a 403 error message.

http://book-oasis.com/

What did I do wrong??

Plugin Contributions

The links on that 403 page should help. Contacting your host might be your best bet.

Plugin Contributions

Stevesh, they said it's third-party software and I had to contact you. I'm getting really disgusted with HostGator, they make you wait a full hour before talking with an online tech, then are providing more and more excuses, and less and less actual help.

Plugin Contributions

I have no experience with your host, but I've noticed they've been taking a beating lately in this and one other forum I frequent.

Do you have an .htaccess file in the root of your store?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    I wiped the new server clean, reinstalled the base ZenCart installation. Created a new MySql.
    Hmmm, in that order???

The SQL database needs to be created *before* you can install ZenCart, so if you managed to install ZenCart and then created a new database you'll either have overwritten data that ZenCart inserts into the database during its installation, OR, you'll end up with two different databases. The zencart populated one and the newly created empty one.

Then I uploaded the saved files from the old site, except for the two configure.php files. I modified them with the new MySql information, and uploaded those last.
    Those two configuration files would have been correctly configured for the new installation after you'd completed the install. There would be no need for you to modify them again. The fact that you apparently did so and gave them the 'new' database information means that ZenCart is now trying to use an unpopulated database.

Now the site has vanished again, to be replaced with a 403 error message.
    A 403 error is a generic error message that can be caused by many things. Although it isn't 'typical behaviour' for a database related error it isn't something I'd be ruling out at this stage.

More often than not, the 403's are permissions related.

What did I do wrong??
    Impossible to say at this stage.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Stevesh, yes I do. But I don't know what changes should be made to it.

RodG, yes, I created the database first. Sorry about ordering them wrong. I understood the instructions to be, create a new database, re-upload everything else, make changes to the old configure.php files, upload them after everything else has been uploaded. I can re-upload the original ones again...but it doesn't solve the problem I was having that none of my site mods showed up. I had changed the template completely, and added a ton of categories to the original site. None of that showed up, so I re-uploaded the modified configure.php files in hopes that would help.

I have about 8 sites to move, and they all have running ZenCart databases that cannot be lost. I chose to move this one first because it's still in progress, not active. But following the instructions only brought up the basic "generic" site, not all the mods I'd made. So still, something is wrong, and I don't know how to fix it.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I deleted both configure.php files, and renamed the configure.php.bak files to configure.php. Now the www.book-oasis.com page is totally blank, and the admin/index.php page is showing the stock "You are seeing this page for one or more reasons" message again. Not much of an improvement.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast