Plugin Contributions

Default wait for shipping cost before payment

Hi,

right now customers order, and pay thru paypal with a flat shipping cost, but since for foreign customers prices change I'd like them to wait for total cost before paying.

How can I configure that foreign customers wait for shipping price before paying - cost will be communicated by email?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: wait for shipping cost before payment

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    How can I configure that foreign customers wait for shipping price before paying - cost will be communicated by email?
    No need to configure anything. Just place a prominent notice in your store that reads "If you don't live in my country please shop elsewhere. We don't really want your business".

You'll get the same end results (no overseas sales) but you'll have far fewer abandoned carts.

Having said that, I'm sure that someone here will point you into the right direction to suit your needs, but the exact details will depend on which shipping module(s) you are using, so it would be smart of you to provide this info before forcing someone else to ask. :)

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    "If you don't live in my country please shop elsewhere. We don't really want your business".

You'll get the same end results (no overseas sales) but you'll have far fewer abandoned carts.
    LOL, ok and can you make it a little less harsh? Kist kidding, I get exactly what you mean, and in normal circumstances I'd agree with you, but this is a specific case.

As per your suggestion here are the shipping details:
    3 mail options (speed of delivery)
    1 flat (mail)
    1 progressive
    1 per item
    1 stor pickup

Only the last two have green dots, obviously there is some misconfiguration there

I setup the site (as volunteer basis), and am kind of their reference, but I am not managing it, and not having any e-com site myself I never got into the shipping, and payment of zen cart ... I guess I'll need some reading ...

Anyhow all help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Why not just set the Flat Rate module to use a zone that only works for non-foreign customers? That way the other modules will show to foreign customers and they can choose one that suits.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.

Like said I am not managing the site, I'll forward the suggestion to the person in charge; but being books that could be ordered in a number running from one to many copies I believe the weight calculation for the postal shipping could be somehow too much.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is it possible that the human who calculates the final price could document their formula in a way that a computer could do it automatically? If so, then you could potentially write a corresponding module to do that for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte.

I'll ask, and report.
    It might take some (?) days, so please don't think of being rude for lack of reply, I will as soon as I get some feedback.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by keneso View Post
    Hi,

right now customers order, and pay thru paypal with a flat shipping cost, but since for foreign customers prices change I'd like them to wait for total cost before paying.

Thank you
    Request for Quote mod that may help you.

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=324