Plugin Contributions

Default Can I force PayPal to collect UK County info so I can calculate VAT on it?

I have set up zones for my store www.cinemasnacks.co.uk and assigned tax classes to these zones. When a customer creates an account at the store, then checks out with Credit card or PayPal Vat is successfully applied to the order total because county is a required field on account creation. If a customer uses PayPal express checkout to buy from us however, without creating an account at the store first vat is not always added because County is only an optional field in PayPal and Vat is based on the county in Zen cart.

Is there a way to make the PayPal express checkout county field mandatory or does anyone have any other suggestions that would help me fix this issue?

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I force PayPal to collect UK County info so I can calculate VAT on it?

just in case anyone else has this issue I have managed to sort this problem for my store.

In Zone Definitions - Taxes, Payment and Shipping I had all United Kingdom Country zones entered individually, I have now deleted them all and changed the setting to United Kingdom All Zones and this has solved the problem, if a customer completes the checkout at PayPal and the Zone is not in our database tax is now successfully added.