Plugin Contributions

Default error (7) couldn't connect to host with paypal after Poodle fix

Hi,

I've made the CURLOPT_SSLVERSION changes to the required files in my shopfront according to the POODLE post, but the order doesn't make it through to paypal. The shopcart keeps cycling to page 2 of 3 after the attempt and I get the following email warning from Paypal

(7) couldn't connect to host.

I'm using ziphosting as a host provider.

My admin/configuration/my store/curl proxy status is set to FALSE.

Does anyone have any ideas, other than updating to the latest. I would its just that updating the user database is a pretty big job. Often I have to wipe the lot and start a fresh.

Regards
    Robert

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error (7) couldn't connect to host with paypal after Poodle fix

Quote Originally Posted by p1drobert View Post
    (7) couldn't connect to host.
    Error number 7 means your store's webserver was unable to connect to PayPal's transaction server. It wasn't even able to connect, so it won't even be able to try the SSL negotiation, so I'm pretty sure it's not POODLE-related.

What's the URL to your site? Specifically to the /extras/curltester.php script? (ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...-Testing-Tools )

What's your PHP version?

What's your Zen Cart version? Are you really using v1.3.9h from 2010?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte.

Thanks for your response.

I downloaded and ran the checker file.
    Result is:

IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.3.9
    IPN TESTING - Response Received via CURL -- COMMUNICATIONS OKAY
    IPN TESTING - Confirmation/Validation response with fsockopen(): FSOCKOPEN() RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY
    Default method likely to be used for communications is: CURL, with the fallback method being FSOCKOPEN if possible.
    Script finished.

The server information from my admin says. PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Yes, I'm still running 1.3.9h. Its not easy to upgrade and transfer my current database over. I always ending up wiping the database and doing a clean install, and losing all my customer records. Thats the only reason I've haven't updated. I Love zencart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Its not easy to upgrade and transfer my current database over. I always ending up wiping the database and doing a clean install, and losing all my customer records. Thats the only reason I've haven't updated. I Love zencart.
    But ... there's no need to "transfer the database over", if you follow this guide: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I downloaded and ran the checker file.
    Result is:

IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.3.9
    IPN TESTING - Response Received via CURL -- COMMUNICATIONS OKAY
    IPN TESTING - Confirmation/Validation response with fsockopen(): FSOCKOPEN() RESPONSE RECEIVED - Communications OKAY
    That's the ipncheck.php script.
    How about the curltester script?

The server information from my admin says. PHP Version: 5.2.17
    Does your hosting company offer you the option of selecting a newer version? You'll want to do that when it comes time to upgrade (don't do it yet though, since v1.3.9 isn't compatible with newer PHP).

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte.

Thanks for the upgrade info. I hadn't seen that before. I'll look into it at some point. I'm using ziphosting. Not the most reliable but cheap, really cheap. When I first started my web site I didn't realise it would grow and that I would end up selling items over the internet. So I went for cheap. I'm regretting it now. I'll need to ask about newer PHP.

I forgot to add, that paypal was running fine till recently, but stopped working with their SSL changes. ALthough generally I use NAB transact to process credit cards, but occassionally need to activate paypal for customers who want to use PAYPAL for one reason or another.

I had to move both these test scripts to my main directory as their current location is protected by htacces files. running the curl tester results in this.

CURL Test PageThis page is intended for testing CURL behaviour. You should be accessing this page via CURLTESTER.PHP running on YOUR server.

You submitted the following fields and data:

Array( [field1] => This is a test [statuskey] => ready)Data validation

Good Other Info

Your server IP address is: 202.124.242.10.
    Your system identifies itself as: Zen Cart(tm) - CURL TEST
    Copyright © 2003 - 2015 Zen Ventures, LLC - Authors of Zen Cart™

Array( [url] => "http://www.zen-cart.com/testcurl.php" [content_type] => text/html [http_code] => 200 [header_size] => 608 [request_size] => 265 [filetime] => -1 [ssl_verify_result] => 0 [redirect_count] => 0 [total_time] => 0.73008 [namelookup_time] => 2.7E-5 [connect_time] => 0.000192 [pretransfer_time] => 0.000193 [size_upload] => 37 [size_download] => 2117 [speed_download] => 2899 [speed_upload] => 50 [download_content_length] => 2117 [upload_content_length] => 0 [starttransfer_time] => 0.730069 [redirect_time] => 0)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Actually never mind. I just tried a paypal transaction and this time it went to the paypal web site. I guess it was some sort of web site issue with my cheap host. I don't know. Sorry to have troubled you.
    At least now I know a way to upgrade and keep my database.

Thank you.
    Regards
    Robert