Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Black Responsive Template

Hi
    What Anne wants you to try is the developer tools that are with your browser. Try hitting F12 and then using the element selector to look around. It will show you the CSS for that element and you can figure out where to change the color and other things in the stylesheet (which there are multiple). You can even change it in the browser before you actually change it in your actual file.

Hope this helps a little.
    lruskauff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lruskauff View Post
    Hi
    What Anne wants you to try is the developer tools that are with your browser. Try hitting F12 and then using the element selector to look around. It will show you the CSS for that element and you can figure out where to change the color and other things in the stylesheet (which there are multiple). You can even change it in the browser before you actually change it in your actual file.

Hope this helps a little.
    lruskauff
    Yes, this is correct. I don't mind helping out with the css if some one really gets stuck, but I do ask that they do some leg work to resolve the problem on their own.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

actually firefox does a better job with inspect element. dont need the developer tool kit

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski View Post
    actually firefox does a better job with inspect element. dont need the developer tool kit
    Yes, you can also use firefox ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by johnniejetski View Post
    If I may add, that if by not needing the developer tool kit you are referring to the tool in the admin panel that searches the ZC files, well.. It is a tool and each tool has its purpose. For finding the specific line number related to CSS of an onscreen element? Yeah, the developer's tool kit is probably not the best/right tool for that... But don't forget that in some cases CSS information is assigned at the element level which means it could be in the code overriding the CSS files and it may be necessary to find that coded line... Just an aside related to working through changing site elements... Happy modifications!
    Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Yes, you can also use firefox ;)

Thanks,

Anne
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If I may add, that if by not needing the developer tool kit you are referring to the tool in the admin panel that searches the ZC files, well.. It is a tool and each tool has its purpose. For finding the specific line number related to CSS of an onscreen element? Yeah, the developer's tool kit is probably not the best/right tool for that... But don't forget that in some cases CSS information is assigned at the element level which means it could be in the code overriding the CSS files and it may be necessary to find that coded line... Just an aside related to working through changing site elements... Happy modifications!
    I was talking about chrome and the chrome web developer tools, not the zen cart developer toolkit.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I'm having trouble with this template. I installed this template as well as the Winchester Responsive on a customers site. First problem is: When copying and pasting the link to her site into Facebook instead of saying the name of her site it comes up with Winchester Responsive the Art of Zen Cart, this template is not even the one that is active, the Winchester Black is. I have changed all the site names and tag lines in both templates so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Including english.php and meta tags.php. Second when I went to work on her store yesterday the 3 bottom images home.png, home 1. png, and home3.png are all missing. I did not remove them and they are still in the FTP.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by farrahscreations View Post
    I'm having trouble with this template. I installed this template as well as the Winchester Responsive on a customers site. First problem is: When copying and pasting the link to her site into Facebook instead of saying the name of her site it comes up with Winchester Responsive the Art of Zen Cart, this template is not even the one that is active, the Winchester Black is. I have changed all the site names and tag lines in both templates so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Including english.php and meta tags.php. Second when I went to work on her store yesterday the 3 bottom images home.png, home 1. png, and home3.png are all missing. I did not remove them and they are still in the FTP.
    These are not problems with the template package. You need to modify the site title in includes/languages/english/template_override/meta_tags.php file. You need to be sure that you are editing the override file and that when you upload the file it overwrites the file on the server.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    These are not problems with the template package. You need to modify the site title in includes/languages/english/template_override/meta_tags.php file. You need to be sure that you are editing the override file and that when you upload the file it overwrites the file on the server.

Thanks,

Anne
    I don't have the template_override/meta_tags.php file. I also installed the updated template from your site.

Plugin Contributions

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  51.2 KB Here is a screenshot

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast