Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Degraded (editable) text in Product Pages and EZ Pages

While I haven't gone back to confirm the patch number that was installed, immediately after I installed what I think was a single patch, I too encountered this effect, and it did have a significant effect on the display of information in similar text boxes basically requiring a new default font for the most of basic things. Anything that had a dash - or an underline _, you could pretty much say goodbye to those characters as they were not visible on the screen. It effected far more than just the text box for editing products in say a browser, but also standard programs as well. I'd half-heartedly tried to find this thread again, but now that I have, will try to confirm the patch and do wonder what was wrong with the font to get it booted out after all these years...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

will try to confirm the patch and do wonder what was wrong with the font to get it booted out after all these years...
    Are you suggesting it is only just one font that is affected? Are you referring to a patch to overcome the problem in the windows update? would love to get it if it exists - my post, previous page - "I can now confirm that the issue was caused by the Windows Security Update KB3013455 - I uninstalled it and everything was perfect."

cheers, Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 9 Mar 2015 at 10:31 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Are you suggesting it is only just one font that is affected? Are you referring to a patch to overcome the problem in the windows update? would love to get it if it exists - my post, previous page - "I can now confirm that the issue was caused by the Windows Security Update KB3013455 - I uninstalled it and everything was perfect."

cheers, Mike
    I can not yet confirm the consistency across the various applications that the issue was seen. By that meaning, I haven't looked deep enough. After trying to help here with what seemed to be an issue with something ZC related initially and later identified to be a security patch, I was presented with a patch of some type (had already "lost" this thread so couldn't confirm at that point), and allowed it to be applied. Afterwords, when I was trying to do some software development in my IDE, I saw what you had described.. I also saw the issue(s) with text in entry/edit boxes. In my IDE (which was set to use a default font), I had to find to find a font that had equil-spaced letters that didn't make me cringe when applied.

The fact that a security update was identified as a cause, to me says that the update should remain, but the font(s) should be changed... Now that I have refound this thread, I will be looking at my update history and verify if it is/was the same and then try to identify the font(s) affected and places suggested to review/modify. But that won't be for several hours that I can do that.

But, I can confirm it is not a ZC issue, nor is it a forum issue, but a setting on the computer accessing those things and other applications.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the delay in response.. KB301355 was installed Feb 21st on my computer... Several other updates were installed at the same time. I commend you for going through each of them or at least identifying the file. I haven't confirmed it by uninstalling it, but can confirm that I've had display issues after the time period of it being installed... Tonight presented with yet another list of updates/upgrades.. Maybe it will fix the issue...

Plugin Contributions

To further follow up on this issue, it appears that another update was provided that resolved the screen display issue. Couldn't tell you which one, but I know I have had to restart my computer to support incorporation of updates, and sometime over the last couple of weeks "they" fixed it... So there should not be an issue of allowing/reinstalling the patch(es) identified above as being an issue, as the issue should be resolved by a follow-on fix.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123