Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot disable Product Quantity or Buy Now Button

I have 2 zencart sites running for many years with no problems. I am now building a 3rd site. I have disabled the Display Product Quantity, the Shipping Weight and the Buy Now Button but they all show up on my listings anyway. Is there another place I need to disable that I am missing? I have disabled them both in admin - configuration - all listings and also disabled them in admin - configuration - new listings. Pulling my hair out here trying to figure this out

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot disable Product Quantity or Buy Now Button

In Admin:
    Configuration -> Product Listing -> Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location -> Off

Peek at Display Product Add to Cart Button also...

Yes?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    In Admin:
    Configuration -> Product Listing -> Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location -> Off

Peek at Display Product Add to Cart Button also...

Yes?
    I already have that set to off unfortunatly. That Buy Now button is still there. I have figured out the other two problems though.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hflsales View Post
    I already have that set to off unfortunatly. That Buy Now button is still there. I have figured out the other two problems though.
    Is Admin -> Configuration -> Product Listing -> Display Product Price/Add to Cart

set to 0 ?
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That Buy Now button is still there.
    Just to clarify ... *why* do you want to remove the Buy Now button? The answer to that might inform an alternate perhaps even more effective solution.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Just to clarify ... *why* do you want to remove the Buy Now button? The answer to that might inform an alternate perhaps even more effective solution.
    Because I want them to click on the item page. My items have attributes that need to be added. Clicking on the buy now button from the category listing won't let them add the attributes. I want them to click the add to cart button from the item page.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Is Admin -> Configuration -> Product Listing -> Display Product Price/Add to Cart

set to 0 ?
    Yes, it is set to 0.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Because I want them to click on the item page. My items have attributes that need to be added. Clicking on the buy now button from the category listing won't let them add the attributes. I want them to click the add to cart button from the item page.
    Out-of-the-box Zen Cart already skips the Buy Now button when a product has attributes, because it already knows that attributes must be selected before Adding to Cart.
    For example, see the Bug's Life MultiPak item in this list: http://www.zen-cart.net/index.php?ma...index&cPath=22 ... note the "more info" links instead of the Buy Now button (or qty boxes, depending on the switch setting for Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status).

So, if yours isn't working the way Zen Cart works out-of-the-box, it makes me wonder: why not? And usually the answer to that starts with a detailed list of all the ways in which you've changed the code so that it's different than the original distribution files, including things added like plugins, and any code alterations you've made, and any settings you've adjusted in the Admin.

Perhaps you've added a template that's got a big bug in it, because it completely disregards the original built-in logic for this feature.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Out-of-the-box Zen Cart already skips the Buy Now button when a product has attributes, because it already knows that attributes must be selected before Adding to Cart.
    For example, see the Bug's Life MultiPak item in this list: http://www.zen-cart.net/index.php?ma...index&cPath=22 ... note the "more info" links instead of the Buy Now button (or qty boxes, depending on the switch setting for Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status).

So, if yours isn't working the way Zen Cart works out-of-the-box, it makes me wonder: why not? And usually the answer to that starts with a detailed list of all the ways in which you've changed the code so that it's different than the original distribution files, including things added like plugins, and any code alterations you've made, and any settings you've adjusted in the Admin.

Perhaps you've added a template that's got a big bug in it, because it completely disregards the original built-in logic for this feature.
    It must be in my template. I can't figure anything else out since I never added any code.