Plugin Contributions

Default Product Attributes FAIL Zen Cart/contractors FAIL - URGENT Need help, new contractor

Greetings all,

I am living a nightmare. 3 so-called ZC experts and php developers have let us down after promising that they understood the project and could deliver. All I have had is incompetence and lies. I need a new php/ZC developer or I'm going Magento!! If you can save the day, contact me for the brief and submitting a quote.

I have a half-baked 80% complete site with navigational and display problems (I didn't design the thing but I have been told it has to be implemented according to the design where obviously the designer has no appreciation of many-to-many relationships, SQL schema and Web nav to db linkage - and thought our whole site would go into WordPress!!).

My immediate problem is to get to sth that is useable in the short-term while I get the LH Navbar (split categories from header Navbar) problem sorted out later.

Problem now is this: All Products within a Category are displaying only the Product Attributes of the first Product that was set up for that category through Admin. All Admin previews show as correct. Complication - Magic Zoom Plus. Is this an MZP issue or a ZC?

Anyone interested in being a white knight to a savvy business user, who knows how things work and what has to be done, but isn't a php programmer and never will be, please respond here and I' ll get back to you!!

Want to see a dog's breakfast of a site and have a laugh, go fusions.com.au. Bane of my life.

Many thanks in advance. PDub

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attributes FAIL Zen Cart/contractors FAIL - URGENT Need help, new contrac

There isn't much we can do to advise about problems with a Template Monster commercial template. The first recommendation I would make is to switch temporarily to the built-in Classic template and see if the display problems continue. It'll give you a place to start.

The problem with only the original product's attributes displaying as you magically scroll through other products is likely to be, in my opinion, the fault of that plugin, which I haven't used.

Answering all of the posting questions about Zencart version, server configuration, etc. will help us, too. (Click Reply, and see the Posting Tips that appear in the box above the spot where you can type your reply)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Attributes FAIL Zen Cart/contractors FAIL - URGENT Need help, new contrac

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    There isn't much we can do to advise about problems with a Template Monster commercial template. The first recommendation I would make is to switch temporarily to the built-in Classic template and see if the display problems continue. It'll give you a place to start.

The problem with only the original product's attributes displaying as you magically scroll through other products is likely to be, in my opinion, the fault of that plugin, which I haven't used.

Answering all of the posting questions about Zencart version, server configuration, etc. will help us, too. (Click Reply, and see the Posting Tips that appear in the box above the spot where you can type your reply)
    Thx stevesh for the input and tips. I had no idea there was a commercial template in there. We supplied our own design, graphics n files, however, I am not surprised to see that they have done an adaptation or hack job. I can switch to the default template in admin, however, I will lay money on the whole thing falling over when I switch.

ZCver: 1.5.3
    Original install, no upgrade history
    Plug-ins: MagicZoomPLus
    Installed: zc_install
    PHPver: 5.4.34
    MySQLver: 5.5.40-36.1 Revision 707
    Problem start: In construction
    Customisation: Corporate brand template and top level category (call it "F" only seen on home page) split into two ("F1" and "F2" on click through "F")
    Domain: www.fusions.com.au

Cheers, PDub

Plugin Contributions

I need more information....I am trying to visualize the problem....need a url and explanation of what you want me to see versus what I am actually seeing. Preferably a category that has all of its products populated with their respective attributes, as fionding a category where attributes are available is turning into a chore.
    I find navigating interesting...I can't seem, through normal means, to get past categories only listing unless I copy out the url to the product page level and paste that into the address bar. As an example I am on http://www.fusions.com.au/store/fusi...ex&cPath=43_44 and hovering any of the smaller images of other products shows me the url to the specific product, but clicking on it doesn't actually take me to the product, it just changes the image. So this is just a fancy product listings page, where I wouldn't expect too see attributes anyway
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!