Plugin Contributions

Default Product Content missing in admin panel after transferring to new server

Hello,
    we have moved one cart to a new linux server and all of a sudden realized that in the Admin Panel of the cart the content of half of the products is missing. They display ok on the customers side of the website, but not on the Admin portion. When i try to COPY and PASTE content from the archived cart to the new one, the content wouldnt copy....Then i realizes that if there were any kind of special characters like bullet points, `...etc, the content doesnt copy....If I remove them it would.

Any idea what may have happened and if there is a quicker way to remedy this? Thsi client has over 2000 products and it would take hell of a time to Copy and Paste each one and figure out if there are any special characters...
    The transfer process and database copy didnot return any errors.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Content missing in admin panel after transferring to new server

Quote Originally Posted by svetlae View Post
    Hello,
    we have moved one cart to a new linux server and all of a sudden realized that in the Admin Panel of the cart the content of half of the products is missing. They display ok on the customers side of the website, but not on the Admin portion. When i try to COPY and PASTE content from the archived cart to the new one, the content wouldnt copy....Then i realizes that if there were any kind of special characters like bullet points, `...etc, the content doesnt copy....If I remove them it would.

Any idea what may have happened and if there is a quicker way to remedy this? Thsi client has over 2000 products and it would take hell of a time to Copy and Paste each one and figure out if there are any special characters...
    The transfer process and database copy didnot return any errors.

Thanks
    This question was asked a second time elsewhere in the forum and is being addressed at: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...93#post1275593

Please do not double post...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...