Plugin Contributions

Default canonical addressing for individual products

I'd like to use a set address for my products on my store for simplicity...

eg. I'd rather use http://www.peppermaster.com/antidote rather than http://www.peppermaster.com/product/...epper-antidote when I do my social media posts.

I can't seem to find where if anwhere the rel link address for an individual product would go, I'd assume it should be created when the product details are entered, but alas the entry on the product page assumes another site's page because the link entry I expected goes to a page that doesn't exist rather than to a within zen cart product page.

So, since that's not the canonical reference I expected, do I have to create an individual product page in my template so that this can happen, or am I experiencing an error?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: canonical addressing for individual products

What 3rd party module do you have installed to generate "alternate" URLs? Have you contacted / asked the author?

Plugin Contributions

None that create what I want... That's why I am asking.

Products URL:
    (without http://) English

in the Product creation page. I was dumbly expecting it to create a short link, but alas, that is not its function as it doesn't do that. Given that you're asking about a third party app, I'll assume the answer is that it is behaving correctly and yes, I have to create my own pages.

Anyone know of such an app or do I have to create this from scratch?

Plugin Contributions

Search the Plugins area for SEO. DivaVocals, who seems to know about these mods, recommends either Ceon URI or Ultimate SEO.

I'm in the 'don't bother with them' camp, but I haven't done any serious testing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperfire
    I can't seem to find where if anwhere the rel link address for an individual product would go ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperfire View Post
    None (third party modules) that create what I want... That's why I am asking. ...
    The URLs in your store do not match the URLs generated by a clean installation of Zen Cart. This indicates you (or someone acting on your behalf) has installed a third party modification to Zen Cart to generate "alternative" URLs.

I can think of at least one third party module allowing multiple different URLs to point to a single product. It also allows one to set the current URL used for internal links and the canonical link. However, if one already is using a different third party module to generate "alternative" URLs some additional consideration and steps may be involved. For all we know the currently installed third party module for generating "alternative" URLs may already support what you need (or be the module I am thinking about)...

Most human beings are not able to read minds (at this point in history). Perhaps if you could provide answers to the question(s) asked someone would be able to help or provide additional suggestions? We really do need to know what third party module is currently installed (to generate "alternative" URLs) in order to help. Please provide the name, version, and a link (for the third party module currently installed).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker