Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Mandatory SagePay Payment Gateway Upgrade to Protocol version 3

SagePay are telling UK customers to upgrade their payment gateway software to use their new SagePay 3 protocol. The deadline given is 31st July 2015. After that it seems that payments using previous protocol versions will not work.

Specifically their website says "your business has been highlighted as using a version of our protocol (2.23) that will not be supported by Sage Pay from 31 July 2015."

So I called their support people to find out if this was true and if I understood the very confusing (and possibly confused) guy I spoke to, it is true!

I asked if there was a ZenCart plug in to handle the upgrade. They said I should call the people at ZenCart and ask them, or I should hire someone to write some software.

My main questions are: is there a plugin out there that handles this and that I have missed? if not, is anyone working on one? and if not, can anyone recommend a good UK payment gateway that does have an up-to-date Zencart plugin?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mandatory SagePay Payment Gateway Upgrade to Protocol version 3

It would be helpful to know: which Sagepay module are you *currently* using? (ie: where did you get it? who wrote it?)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

We use a couple on different sites, Sage Pay Form v1.0.1 and Ceon Sage Pay Form v2.0.2.

Plugin Contributions

Just had another e-mail from SagePay, excerpts below:

"Have you upgraded to Version 3?

In order for you to continue processing payments without any interruption to your service, you must upgrade to Sage Pay Version 3.

The deadline for upgrading is 4 months away. If you do not upgrade by 31st July 2015 then you will not be able to process payments and all support for your current version of Sage Pay will be discontinued.

How do I upgrade?

Technical changes will need to be made to your Sage Pay settings.

If you would like more information about keeping up with latest technology, contact Sage Pay through your usual channels.

If you have already migrated to Sage Pay Version 3, please disregard this message."

Plugin Contributions

Here is a link to the SagePay website with an overview of the upgrade process:
    https://www.sagepay.co.uk/support/12...estions-to-ask

Is anyone looking at providing an add-on for this? It's beyond our technical abilities. Alternatively, can anyone recommend a good UK payment gateway that does have an up-to-date Zencart plugin?

Plugin Contributions

Just found an answer buried in the Ceon Open Letter where they say they have software that implements version 3 protocol :-)

Thread closed?

Plugin Contributions

As a user of this contribution, while I see there is a commercial update available, I felt it important to keep the community GNU version relevant and useful so I have updated it to comply with SagePay Protocol v3.00 minimum requirements and tested it with Sage Pay on ZC 1.50, 1.51 and 1.52 with no problems.

I have submitted the updates to this site as version 2.1. https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1453

In the mean time if anyone is desperate for updates to Protocol v3.00 for their store, please feel free to message me.

Andrew

Plugin Contributions

I almost purchased the comercial version today, but stopped short and sent a message to the company asking if they proivid instal instructions like the mods on here. I also asked about what support they offered for users. I have been using Zen Cart for 5 years and always found they soloution to any issue with this forum and I am not so sure I would get the same support for a comercial mod.

I await the update mod with aticipation and would just like to say a big thank you for updating this Andrew.

Plugin Contributions

Did you get any response?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ConsultMe View Post
    As a user of this contribution, while I see there is a commercial update available, I felt it important to keep the community GNU version relevant and useful so I have updated it to comply with SagePay Protocol v3.00 minimum requirements and tested it with Sage Pay on ZC 1.50, 1.51 and 1.52 with no problems.
    Well done Andrew!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast