Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: clarification on server requirements needed on zc 1.39h

Quote Originally Posted by travbacon View Post
    No one is reading the question.

Let's dummify the question.

Zen Cart v1.3.9 series is compatible with PHP 5.2.10 thru PHP 5.3.x.
    Zen Cart v1.3.9 is compatible with MySQL 4.1.3+ thru 5.1

MY 1.3.9h IS CURRENTLY RUNNING ON A SERVER WITH
    PHP Version: 5.4.19
    MySQL 5.1.73

BOTH HIGHER THAN THE REQ STATED

WITHOUT BRINGING ZC 1.5.4 INTO THE PICTURE. WHILE RUNNING 1.3.9h CAN I UPGRADE MYSQL TO 5.6 AND PHP TO 5.6 WITHOUT AN ISSUES.

THIS IS SO OUR 1.3.9 CAN RUN WITH THE LATEST AND LATER ON MAYBE IN 6 MONTHS WE'LL UPGRADE TO 1.5.4.
    To directly answer your question: NO, you cannot upgrade your mySQL and PHP to v5.6 without issues.

You're lucky that your host has only upgraded your PHP version to 5.4.19; there was a change introduced in PHP 5.4.21 that resulted in whitescreens having to to with the SID built-in constant. Zen Cart v1.3.9 uses the PHP mysql_* function interfaces to communicate with the database; those functions were deprecated in PHP 5.5 and removed in v5.6 -- Zen Cart v1.5.3 and later use the PHP mysqli_* function interfaces instead.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    To directly answer your question: NO, you cannot upgrade your mySQL and PHP to v5.6 without issues.

You're lucky that your host has only upgraded your PHP version to 5.4.19; there was a change introduced in PHP 5.4.21 that resulted in whitescreens having to to with the SID built-in constant. Zen Cart v1.3.9 uses the PHP mysql_* function interfaces to communicate with the database; those functions were deprecated in PHP 5.5 and removed in v5.6 -- Zen Cart v1.5.3 and later use the PHP mysqli_* function interfaces instead.
    Thanks for backing me up lat9! That is the reason why I suggested to upgrade the site to 1.5.4 in first place.

Plugin Contributions

No problem, Frank. I just wanted to provide the details that the OP was, I believe, looking for in order to make an educated decision regarding the mySQL/PHP/Zen Cart upgrade requirements.

Plugin Contributions

I happened to run across this thread after learning earlier today that I may have problems. I am running V1.5.1 and was on a server with php version 5.3.10. Everything was working fine. I wanted to upgrade to ZC 1.5.4, but the server could not support another database (old account issues).

So my hosting company moved me to a different server that would support multiple databases, so I could create a "demo" account to test in. We then moved the store over to the new server; things seem to be working OK, but now I find out their server is running php version 5.6.5.PL0-GENT00. What kinds of problems should I be looking for and is it within the realm of reason for me to ask them to turn the php version back to something non-harmful? If so, what kinds of questions should I ask? They didn't tell me ahead to time that the php version was going to change, so I am totally unprepared.

Should I be looking for a new server company? Any ideas?

Please advise.

Plugin Contributions

Just wanted to add that most stuff is working, but Apsona blew up and my SSL cert ain't cert'ing. So I wonder what other problems I've got but just haven't seen yet....

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post

Thanks for actually answering my question and not replying with some moronic answer. That is weird. I had to install php soap to run a mod and was told it would upgrade my php to the latest for cent os 6 which was 5.4.39 which is higher than your stated 5.4.21. the store seems to still work fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12