Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Template keeps changing itself

1.54 fresh install. I've installed ckeditor. columns & hide category. When I chose the template. Look at it it is fine. I'll make changes in the admin/configuration go back and look at the store and it has switched back to a template. When I look at the template selection there is no template selected on the line. Change to Gingham blue and look it's fine. Change something else and template will change again. I think I have it fixed and then look at the store and it's back to the weird template. I was just adding products this time and clicked on the store and it's back to the weird template.

I checked a 1.54 zen cart. There are no files missing. I have rechecked Gingham Blue, ckeditor, columns, and hide catagories and all files are where they should be. I did install the sql on columns & hide categories.

The template switching was happening before I installed ckeditor, columns and hide categories.

Any Ideas?

bearlymakinit.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template keeps changing itself

Might want to check the database settings in both the configure.php files.

Plugin Contributions

What exactly would I be checking for? They match exactly as far as I can tell. The only thing I would question is the password is X(vPDQ4z)P would the ( ) be interfering with anything?

Plugin Contributions

Help please. I don't want to go any further if it's going to keep doing this.

Plugin Contributions

1) have you viewed the template via a different browser, ie you are actually viewing the catalog side of the store NOT the dummy preview image of the template (sorry but i dealt with someone doing that and it was pretty similar to what you described)
    2) What version of PHP and MYSQL are you using,
    3) after changing the template to use, do the reset layout boxes thingie
    4) after changing the template does it actually show as using that template on the templates page BEFORE you leave the page to do other things?
    5) Is anything showing in your /logs/ folder, if there are errors they should be listed here
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

How was install performed? What differences in files are there between the installed cart and a fresh install? Seems like there is code that is resetting the template to this alternate template after each template change...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

1 no
    2. PHP 5.4.36 MySQL 5.5.36-cll

The template just changes when it wants. When I sign into the admin I know it's gone wacky again because the admin will open to the template selection page and the line for the template selected will be blank. Everything else seems to be working fine.

There layout stays saved. I don't have to keep resetting it.

There were no logs last night but when I just checked there are 138 and they all are the same thing:

[05-May-2015 03:23:58 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: 1109:Unknown table 'p' in field list :: select count(p.products_id) as total ==> (as called by) /home/e4mpdnk7/public_html/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 78 <== in /home/e4mpdnk7/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Softalicious installed it. I have no idea what different files are there from the fresh install. I added the template, ckeditor, columns, hide categories and made all kinds of changes to the store. Looking at both a fresh install and what was in the store there were a few that were different but I didn't find that many. Maybe about 20.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bearlymakinit View Post
    What exactly would I be checking for? They match exactly as far as I can tell. The only thing I would question is the password is X(vPDQ4z)P would the ( ) be interfering with anything?
    If that is really the password, you might want to consider changing it now that the whole world knows it.

FWIW: I use a password generator set to 24 random characters, including special characters, and have never had a problem other than having to shorten the password for some places that cannot accept long passwords.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Rick, that was a generated password. No that is not the actual password. I changed the letters but () are actually in there.

Plugin Contributions

Whew !!!

lat9 has a plugin that actually provides a more detailed logfile which has proven helpful to me in narrowing down problems.

myDEBUG backtrace
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast