Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Additional_Images.php File Help

During a moment of madness I misunderstood the method to remove the word LARGER IMAGE on the additional images and main image in the product listing. So I now have no additional product images on for instance this product ...

http://www.shop.heathers-simplyvinta...roducts_id=169

Is there any chance someone could paste there code here for me to compare to see what I have done wrong or point me in the right direction.

IU am using the Bask Black template and the file I altered is in ...

Includes/Modules/Bask_Black

I have looked in the downloaded template and this file does not exist so I`m not sure where it originally came from ??

Many thanks in advance and sorry for being a plonker and not backing the file up first, a moment of utter madness I`m afraid.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional_Images.php File Help

If the file modified (and you know which specific file) was not in the original template package, then it would have been in the default files, which would be: includes/modules

Therefore, if you temporarily renamed the file you modified to have an extension other than .php such as .php_OLDtodaysdate then it would no longer be loaded and instead the default file in the above directory would be loaded. If that seems to fix your problem, then copy the file from above to the template directory and then have at it again in the template directory.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks for your reply, I renamed the file .bak but it made no difference. I then copied the file from includes/modules over to the bask black folder and again it made no difference.

The original object was to remove the text LARGER IMAGE from under the product and also the additional images, I made the edit and this has whats happened

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MCS_Computers View Post
    Many thanks for your reply, I renamed the file .bak but it made no difference. I then copied the file from includes/modules over to the bask black folder and again it made no difference.

The original object was to remove the text LARGER IMAGE from under the product and also the additional images, I made the edit and this has whats happened
    Are you sure it wasn't the following file that was edited?
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php

Follow the same troubleshooting path, but if able, explain here what was done/successful.

Nevermind I was able to pull up the source code, and there is information to display an additional image, but none. On screen.m I don't have access to a css editor at the moment to see if maybe the additnionalimage class was hidden. Or if the images really are present or not
    Last edited by mc12345678; 13 Jul 2015 at 11:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Im not sure whats gone on, I have replaced these files along with replacing the English.php. I now have the word large image back but I do not have back the additional images, even if I put up a new product ??

Im not sure whats gone on, I have replaced these files along with replacing the English.php. I now have the word large image back but I do not have back the additional images, even if I put up a new product ??
    If we understand your question correctly, for additional images to appear, you would need to upload seperate product images that end in _02, _03, etc, for example you have a filename of jade_cocktail_dress.jpg then you would have to upload a filename for the product as jade_cocktail_dress_02.jpg jade_cocktail_dress_03.jpg etc. in order for the additional images to show up for the product.

That's how we've done it in Zen Cart for years and it's always worked.

Plugin Contributions

Only thing is that when viewing the page source of the product identified in the first post, there is data showing in the page source that there should be images present...

That said, not entirely sure what all is going on, first it appears that Image Handler (version 4?) has been installed, at least in part (bmz_cache is being used); however, I thought the new version of that (available on github) removed the lengthy filenames in place of a "standard" filenaming convention.

But there are other jscript files that "used" to be loaded (comparing the source code of a ZC 1.5.1 site that has IH4 installed).

Then there does not appear to be the loading of the jquery script on the page like is done on a default installation of ZC 1.5.4.

I'm not sure off hand how much all of that plays into the issue. Is the same issue seen when temporarily using the default template? There is code provided on the page to display the image(s), but it is not coming out on the site... I didn't see any immediate CSS that prevents it. Doing a validation on the site, it looks like where the ampersand has been used in category names that it is causing a validation error, which I can't say specifically contributes to this issue but could be something that probably should be rectified using &
    HTML Code:
    &amp;
    in place of simply &. (HTML tags used in case editor modifies the displayed result.)

Plugin Contributions

Just to clarify the additional images are all named correctly and worked fine for ages prior to be trying to get rid of the word LARGER IMAGE from the main category listing image and the additional images.

Since I altered the additional image PHP file it has not worked, I replaced that file with a clean one and still no joy. I found reference to the LARGER IMAGE in the English.php file so I put a clean one on too. There are still no additional images being shown even if I create a test product ??

Im baffled and with a very basic knowledge getting frustrated.

I will now change to another template as suggested to see if the issue is there too.

Plugin Contributions

Okay changed the theme to default and it made no difference

Plugin Contributions

Do you have the ability to compare files? (Winmerge/beyond compare are two "popular" applicationsy

There is something that is different from a default install that is causing this. As said, code is on. The page to display the additional images, but something is not in place to do so. Or there is something off. Does your host offer restoration to previous backups that they routinely make?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast