Plugin Contributions

Default Email Welcome menu - how do I edit it?

Am not finding email welcome menu in 1.54 admin, and found a post that said it was removed in 1.54. Cannot find that post again to reference link. If it has been removed, can someone direct me to documentation, and how customers are now notified when they sign up for new account. We made modifications to the welcome email text in 1.39h, and I would like to be sure of what customer receives. I signed up as a new customer to see what is sent, and did receive the email, but would like to edit content Also, 1.54 has requirements when signing up such as phone number. Can that be changed to not required?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Email Welcome menu removed

Customers are still notified in the same manner. /email/email_template_welcome.html is still used as the template for the e-mail.
    All that has been removed is the ability to preview the e-mail. That was buggy when viewed in some browsers.
    You can probably use the same template you had in 1.3.9x. Create a new test user to see the email.

Plugin Contributions

That is also assuming using an html initial email.

To find where content is located in the ZC files, the developers tool kit (dtk) in the tools menu of the admin can be a great tool. Simply enter portions of the text that are next to each other in say the bottom left box, choose catalog, and then depending on the file type(s) to be searched select the applicable filetype... The contents (words) of the email template are generally included in the php files for the language in question with the following path: includes/languages/YOUR_LANGUAGE/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php

This way (using the template override), future upgrades become a bit easier as only need to be sure that the templated version still contains the constants needed to support any changes made, or in most cases, just need to be copied over and keep on running... :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both. Have modified message in create_account.php and will delete the test account and sign up again. You've sent me in the right direction now, to check the other messages, as well. Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Glad it helped. Happy editing!
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...