Thread: admin login

Plugin Contributions

Default admin login

hi - I'm not a technical person, but need some help with my admin login. My website and store admin have been "down", I contacted my server (I don't even know if this is the right word) and they said my PHP was old and they updated it. The website can now be viewed but even though my login screen now appears I am unable to log in. I enter my login, then password, the cursor goes round and round and then I am back at the log in. I don't get any messages about forgotten password etc. I tried some troubleshooting - ie tried to login as a different user - same thing. I had a look at the support instructions to create a temporary login but can't understand them. So I have a website that can be ordered from, but no way of seeing the orders to fill them. Please help!!!!! (PS my Zencart manual says it's for version 1.3.9, but a, b, c etc - I have no idea.)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin login

Quote Originally Posted by tes66 View Post
    hi - I'm not a technical person, but need some help with my admin login. My website and store admin have been "down", I contacted my server (I don't even know if this is the right word) and they said my PHP was old and they updated it. The website can now be viewed but even though my login screen now appears I am unable to log in. I enter my login, then password, the cursor goes round and round and then I am back at the log in. I don't get any messages about forgotten password etc. I tried some troubleshooting - ie tried to login as a different user - same thing. I had a look at the support instructions to create a temporary login but can't understand them. So I have a website that can be ordered from, but no way of seeing the orders to fill them. Please help!!!!! (PS my Zencart manual says it's for version 1.3.9, but a, b, c etc - I have no idea.)
    Does login work on a different browser? I have run into that issue before