Although I have been using Zen Cart for the past eight years, and even though I appreciate everyone who contributes to it, and I also realize that it has numerous capabilities and that it is free..,

WHY is it so damn difficult to configure?

I don't want to "re-design the wheel" I just want to sell one!

I know, html, css, java, etc.., but the way this is set up is a "MIGRANE HEADACHE"

"Plugins" are something that you are supposed to upload.., and they work! "Plugins" are not something that you Upload, and have to merge and/or change 20 files and then troubleshoot and then re-rewrite the files!

Why aren't, at least, the most popular "plugins" included under the admin panel? Turn them on or turn them off? And the only thing you have to do is modify the CSS file? (like SORT BY PRICE and so many more)

It took me nearly a year to get my first website correct, and then.... there was the next version of Zen Cart. So.., go ahead.., try to upgrade. Unless you want the original ugly green screen site.., it NEVER WORKS! You almost always end up re-designing the entire site from scratch.

So many "plugins" conflict with other "plugins" that you have to spend hours, if not days, to merge the files.

As for being "free"..., that depends on how you value your time. I actually have thousands, yep not hundreds, of hours into this and if you paid me a dollar per hour, I'd be a heck of a lot happier!

In retrospect, if I knew then what I know now, I would have purchased an online shopping cart system or never started a business.

So, in conclusion, unless you are "tech savvy" and know how to code, this is not the program for you. If, however, you are interested in programming and really don't care about having a viable business or an up to date website... this is definitely for you.

I thank ALL of you whom have helped me in the past, but this is like figuring out the Bible Code! (lol)

I KNOW many will disagree with me, and frankly.., I don't give a damn. The Truth is always the Truth.

Most Sincerely,
Daniel Osko
Osko Pool n Spa