Plugin Contributions

Default Any way to import database onto freshly one-click installed site?

Perhaps stupid question. I tested it many ways and still failing to get proper result. I have backedup database (of a 1.5.4 zc site) which need to be copied or imported to a fresh newly installed website on the same sever. In the past I did it with phpmyadmin. This process I did many times before, now it is giving me problems.

The fresh, one-click installed website has a database with 1-2 letters added to the prefix. Example: zenbg_admin, zenbg_orders.. etc. My backed up database doesn't, so it looks like zen_admin, zen_orders...etc. When it is imported to the database of the freshly installed site, no error is shown and the result is db with 2 sections:

zenbg_admin,
    zenbg_admin activity...
    zen_admin,
    zen_admin activity..

When checked, the top part is empty.The lower part has my intended content: products, customers, etc. Yet the db has now 2 times long rows or entries.

On the front side the website does not show products.
    When I change db_prefix in 2 config files to the prefix of the backed up db, I manage to get the products populated in the store front side but also get badly broken default template.

How the db from 1.5.4 version website can be innocently imported or populated into a freshly installed 1.5.4 website?

I read repeatedly db import/restore instructions but still fail. Anyway to fix it? Thank you for your feedback.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any way to import database onto freshly one-click installed site?

About the only way to "fix" the broken default template that you're seeing is to be sure that the template files from the old/other store are copied over to your current store. Otherwise you can set the active template to something that is available and then in the sidebox manager reset the boxes...

The prefix of your new store needs to match the prefix used by the old store to be able to access the correct tables... So that part of the process is correct, but it would have been better to drop those extra tables before importing the new set of tables..m

Another thing though, is that there could be a problem with the one-click install files... The official copy of ZC doesn't offer a one-click install option. Therefore, somebody has modified the code to some extent to provide a one-click install. One should ask, what was changed? Do I trust the change? Does everything work as expected? Etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any way to import database onto freshly one-click installed site?

Thank you for putting some light on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    About the only way to "fix" the broken default template that you're seeing is to be sure that the template files from the old/other store are copied over to your current store. Otherwise you can set the active template to something that is available and then in the sidebox manager reset the boxes...

The prefix of your new store needs to match the prefix used by the old store to be able to access the correct tables... So that part of the process is correct, but it would have been better to drop those extra tables before importing the new set of tables..m

Another thing though, is that there could be a problem with the one-click install files... The official copy of ZC doesn't offer a one-click install option. Therefore, somebody has modified the code to some extent to provide a one-click install. One should ask, what was changed? Do I trust the change? Does everything work as expected? Etc...
    I hope this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTnV4VmJWPk is correct instruction to drop extra tables. Thank you for your guidance.