Plugin Contributions

Default Help with cloned shipping module

I'm building a website for our dealers who usually purchase in bulk and their product often ships via freight, so what we would like to do is not charge shipping at checkout and call them with a quote for their shipping once the carrier and final shipment weight has been determined.

So I figured I'd try cloning the Freeshipper module and really just change the text to indicate we would provide them with a quote since in essence at check out they are not being charged shipping.

The new module (willquote) shows as active on the admin side however when I attempt to check out, I get the message that "We are not shipping to your region at this time". I have no zone assigned as it would be for all customers.

What am I missing? Files attached. Attachment 16049

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with cloned shipping module

On a fresh install of v1.5.5 I just installed the files you zipped, and your module worked fine for me.
    In the Admin I simply clicked Install on the module, and then over in checkout it offered the WillQuote module immediately.
    I have no zones created in this store ... just the basic demo data that comes with a fresh install of ZC.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with cloned shipping module

Thanks so much for checking my work. It appears to be working now. The only thing I can think is that I already had something in my cart testing other shipping modules before activating the new one and my browser must have held on to something. Starting with a clean browser and empty cart and everything works.