Plugin Contributions

Default Book Store - Clickable option to buy either ebook or paperback book

Hi Guys,

I'm busy developing a book store website. I need for books to be sold in two formats, paperback and ebook format. On the product listing page as well as on the product detail page, I need the customer to be able to select the format that he wants to purchase.
    So I want it to look similars to this image (where format selection option is visible and clickable) :
    Name:  Snap 2016-02-26 at 10.25.45.png
Views: 173
Size:  24.2 KB

If you look at this website, you will see what I mean with regards to the functionality needed: http://www.pearsoned.co.uk/bookshop/...00000000531581

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Book Store - Clickable option to buy either ebook or paperback book

To achieve what you are asking in ZenCart for both the product page and mostly the product listing pages would require a bit of custom coding

As to the clickable function - ZenCart can have radio buttons for selection or a dropdown
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    To achieve what you are asking in ZenCart for both the product page and mostly the product listing pages would require a bit of custom coding

As to the clickable function - ZenCart can have radio buttons for selection or a dropdown
    I can live with the format selection function only appearing on the product page itself. I will need a bit of guidance wrt to the coding I will need to add to achieve the format select option in the add to cart block on product page, so any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Im only starting on this project now, so have to find a way to:
    1.Ideally add each book as a single product, but available for purchase in two formats. (there are thousands of books to add, so adding paperback version and ebook version of each book as a seperate product, will be to time consuming) - How to do this on the "add new product" page in admin?
    2.If the person selects ebook format, shipping must be zero as it will be an instant download product. If person select paperback format, shipping will be charged. - Have to figure out how to do this.
    3.Pricing of ebook format and paperback format will have to be different and reflect on add to cart block, once the customer has made his selection of format that he wants - How to achieve this on a single product?

Plugin Contributions

1. Attributes.
    2. Mixed content (on product info page there are three options related to one of the shipping options, I'd have to go look to give an exact setup, but this option is available.)
    3. In product info page, price product by attributes. Enter price of product as 0, then at each of the attributes apply the pricing necessary for the product.

For large number of product entry, there is EasyPopulate V4 as one option that could expedite/simplify entry.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    1. Attributes.
    2. Mixed content (on product info page there are three options related to one of the shipping options, I'd have to go look to give an exact setup, but this option is available.)
    3. In product info page, price product by attributes. Enter price of product as 0, then at each of the attributes apply the pricing necessary for the product.

For large number of product entry, there is EasyPopulate V4 as one option that could expedite/simplify entry.
    Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, I now have a good starting point on how to proceed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by enigma666666 View Post
    Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction, I now have a good starting point on how to proceed.
    Welcome, and for general information about attributes there is this FAQ Section on products and attributes

Btw, please forgive my manners, welcome to ZC!
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...