Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

You apparently have several things munged up. The space you see should be the product description and the black button should be saying More Info.

Things are all out of sequence from the original. As requested in the posting tips, how is your template different from the standard and what mods have you installed?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You apparently have several things munged up. The space you see should be the product description and the black button should be saying More Info.

Things are all out of sequence from the original. As requested in the posting tips, how is your template different from the standard and what mods have you installed?
    Thank you for such a rapid reply. Yes, I have decided to "change" things up a little, like with what the button use to say/show as well as, removing the product info to only show if they click the new button however, other than that, I thought there would be a way to shorten the space between the products now that the description was no longer on that first page.

If you need to see the coding from that page, please feel free to ask me and I will do my best to add it here.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Scentuous Aromas View Post
    Yes, I have decided to "change" things up a little, like with what the button use to say/show as well as, removing the product info to only show if they click the new button however, other than that, I thought there would be a way to shorten the space between the products now that the description was no longer on that first page.
    It might just be a good idea to take a look at what the SEs are going to be looking for on your site.

Is it the pretty pictures? No, the SEs are blind and can only see the alt tag.

Is it the site's layout and color scheme? Again, they are blind and only look for poor code or missing data.

Is it the number of products or the link to them? Not really, although they have changed algorithms on user friendly URLs simply because they are over-used.

Is it whether or not you are mobile-friendly? Soon to be the first item looked at for consideration of an e-commerce site.

Currently first (and only becoming second to a responsive template) is content.

You can have everything on your site perfectly meet or exceed all the SEs requirements and it will drastically change for the worse within minutes of your deleting or deferring content about your site or a category/product.

Can you imagine a clothing store with a huge curtain stretching across the store just inside the entrance. No one would know for sure what items were carried. Even with a few pictures on the curtain, you couldn't properly advertise what items are behind the curtain. In your case, I'd rethink the curtain and let the customer see as much of the store as possible. That's what draws them inside once they arrive at your store.

Granted, some will want to quickly get to a product. The "quick trip" is already enabled. However, for the customers that want info (and the SEs) we want to get that to them ASAP.

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.6b PHP7.1 TEST FOLDER

I have finally taken the step to start using the responsive_classic template

I have just installed 1.5.6b into a test folder for updating a site via the rebuild method - I am working my way through the aesthetics of the template (albeit I do struggle with .css in stylesheets) but my biggest problem at present is products Column layout - in configuration/product_listing >>> product listing - layout style I have selected columns but products still appear in rows. In one thread in here I noticed that Column Layout Grid should be installed to achieve columns - just want to check to see if this is the case in 1.5.6b (and that it didn't just apply to 1.5.5)

Also not sure if that configuration has been brought across from the v1.5.5f database using Westminster_New which has Column Grid Layout integral in it ??

cheers,
    Mike

p.s. in trying to install the plugin I continually got SQL errors so wondered if it was now integral in the template? (will post errors in the appropriate thread if the plugin does indeed need to be installed)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    v1.5.6b PHP7.1 TEST FOLDER

I have finally taken the step to start using the responsive_classic template

I have just installed 1.5.6b into a test folder for updating a site via the rebuild method - I am working my way through the aesthetics of the template (albeit I do struggle with .css in stylesheets) but my biggest problem at present is products Column layout - in configuration/product_listing >>> product listing - layout style I have selected columns but products still appear in rows. In one thread in here I noticed that Column Layout Grid should be installed to achieve columns - just want to check to see if this is the case in 1.5.6b (and that it didn't just apply to 1.5.5)

Also not sure if that configuration has been brought across from the v1.5.5f database using Westminster_New which has Column Grid Layout integral in it ??

cheers,
    Mike

p.s. in trying to install the plugin I continually got SQL errors so wondered if it was now integral in the template? (will post errors in the appropriate thread if the plugin does indeed need to be installed)
    OK ...UPDATE ... Columns are now showing - it seems the SQL uploads from the Column Grid Layout did in fact upload (after logging out and logging back in) in spite of this warning I received;
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    I have some layout issues I am working through and if I cannot solve them I will post again.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Only one issue I need help with please - how to align the images in the columns with the title text, prices etc in the columns (centered?) and have the category description text be the same as the home page width? see images -
    image 1 is of home page showing page canister & contents of page canister at full width
    image 2 is of a category page and alignments are out (page canister width is ok)

cheers,
    Mike

Attachment 18476Attachment 18477

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, we figured it out. Thanks for trying to help.
    I get by with a little help from my friends.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Only one issue I need help with please - how to align the images in the columns with the title text, prices etc in the columns (centered?) and have the category description text be the same as the home page width? see images -
    image 1 is of home page showing page canister & contents of page canister at full width
    image 2 is of a category page and alignments are out (page canister width is ok)

cheers,
    Mike

Attachment 18476Attachment 18477
    So I managed to sort these things out .... kind of ....

Plugin Contributions

1.5.6b PHP 7.3

REVIEWS are problematical, in my view that is, so I would like some help please.

So as not to double post here is a post within a thread that highlights the issue(s) - I would appreciate it if someone who knows this template could take a look ..
    Thread here >> https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....=1#post1358591
    Specific Post here >>> https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....89#post1358589

Thank you in advance.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I was just wondering if there is any way to change the colors on the responsive template on 1.56a? I have read the posts and nothing seems to really explain how I would do this? I thought by doing it in the stylesheet colors.css that would take care of it, but no matter what I do they won't change. I really didn't want to have to change templates because I already have add ons installed for this template. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Page 71 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast