Plugin Contributions

Default I'm looking for Custom Horizontal Drop Down Menu with Unique Features?

Hello All,

I'm on a quest for a responsive, horizontal drop down menu plugin or responsive template with the following features in the horizontal menu:

1. The ability to change the name of each menu item to something other than the actual category name it points to.
    2. The ability to turn off/not show sub categories below the first sub category.
    3. The ability to list all product categories in the nav bar plus add other custom links.

Does such a drop down menu exist for Zen Cart?
    Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I'm looking for Custom Horizontal Drop Down Menu with Unique Features?

I think that your Unique Features limit any available menu system currently available

Looks like you would have to hard code one to your liking and this makes it cumbersome to keep current
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I'm looking for Custom Horizontal Drop Down Menu with Unique Features?

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    I think that your Unique Features limit any available menu system currently available

Looks like you would have to hard code one to your liking and this makes it cumbersome to keep current
    Thanks for the reply Kobra.

I don't really want to limit the available features, just have the ability to control and edit menus. We have a lot of sub categories and in some cases we might not want to show that level of depth in the nav bar. In other cases the title of the category or page may be longer than we want to show as a menu item.

My main point of reference for this is Joomla's menus...In Joomla you can create menus, control when they show, rename each menu item, control what it's linked to and assign a meta description. This has been a great set of highly flexible features for us. I was just checking to see if there was similar functionality in Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

I was just checking to see if there was similar functionality in Zen Cart.
    Joomla and ZenCart are built on totally different coding schema's
    I think what you are talking about is a created menu item in Joomla where in ZenCart this is a populated list
    Being populated - It uses titles(cats/sub-cats) that exist in the Database
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

zen-cart may add new horizontal menu, also be able to delete or hide horizontal menu. I think those sub categories function is able to achieve, but it need add more code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Joomla and ZenCart are built on totally different coding schema's
    I think what you are talking about is a created menu item in Joomla where in ZenCart this is a populated list
    Being populated - It uses titles(cats/sub-cats) that exist in the Database
    That is what I was referring to.

I do understand I'm comparing apples and oranges. I work in the Zen Cart, Wordpress, and Joomla admin areas on a regular basis and every now and then I see a feature that is excellent. It's usually a feature that provides a high degree of flexibility to alter the way data is shown on the front end.

I guess we'll look for a custom option!

Thanks again for your input!