Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    I use the regular store pickup and have changed the text on the site to reflect that it is for pick up at our store location with our city name included. This helps to avoid confusion. I find it is beneficial to us to not have it restricted by zip code or other means since we use store pickup for walk in customers who can come from far afield and also do have customers ordering online and coming in to pick up from out of state when they are passing through.

I can see how it would be useful for other people to be able to configure some type of restriction like zone or zip/postal code, and think it would be a good idea to incorporate this option in the core code.
    Hi lankeeyankee,

Try this module: Product Delivery by Postcode (PDP): https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=170
    You will find this Store Pickup has everything that is missing from regular Store Pickup and more.

Larry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Perhaps it gets incorporated or not, but I would actually suggest either a little "rebranding" or maybe modify the product description for it to appear in a search for zipcode. :) if Frank hadn't been on top of this topic, I know I wouldn't have found it or considered the use of postcode/postalcode (standard terminology for some areas that also speak English.) and while it appears to have initiated as a "delivery" method it now includes a pickup method as well.
    I agree. In fact the regular should be replaced with Franks Store Pickup and Local Delivery (PDP). I hope by posting wrong which was by accident will help others to find the real Store Pickup. If I had not of posted my question here I also would not have found PDP. here is link again!

Try this module: Product Delivery by Postcode (PDP): https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=170

Larry

Plugin Contributions

I'm using this module to set certain items to Local Store Pickup only because they are too large/heavy for shipping. After going through the careful code merging and installation I have a couple suggestions:

1. It would be good to make Local Delivery and Pickup apply to all zip codes (or allow wild cards such as * to indicate all), since occasionally we have customers with far-away shipping addresses but actually they are hanging around the local area (or have friends in the area) and they can still do local pickup.

2. It was really tricky to merge in 3 of the files with the custom template code because our template was derived from an older version of ZenCart (but still compatible with the latest 1.5.5f). So I couldn't tell which changes were for the upgraded ZenCart version of the file, and which changes were for this module. It would help if all lines with changes specific to this module were commented. I ended up leaving out a little bit of module functionality because I just gave up merging so I wouldn't break something with existing custom template code.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345