Plugin Contributions

Default Would like to hire someone with SEO experience.

Is there someone with SEO experience on this forum that I could hire for my site?
    m a y n a r d s tackle . com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Would like to hire someone with SEO experience.

Your ranking is not so bad. Main thing is that your site can be reached in more than one way. There's nothing telling the Search Engines (SEs) that www and non-www are one and the same so you're getting dinged for duplicate content. You need a 301 redirect to cure that.
    Second, take a look at your site on mobiles and tablets. Lots of problems there. Especially speed. Image Optimization and browser caching are your friend. Turn on gzip in the admin.
    Google asset caching and you'll find some sample .htaccess files to help there.
    Make the entire site https.
    Keep up the good work on category/product information. That alone will keep you in the hunt.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Your ranking is not so bad. Main thing is that your site can be reached in more than one way. There's nothing telling the Search Engines (SEs) that www and non-www are one and the same so you're getting dinged for duplicate content. You need a 301 redirect to cure that.
    question, would a canonical link also address that problem?

also, did i not remember reading somewhere that search engines are now not dinging for www and non-www? i could be wrong on that....
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe https://www.seoclarity.net/resources...al-tags-16319/ will help clear things up a bit.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Maybe https://www.seoclarity.net/resources...al-tags-16319/ will help clear things up a bit.
    That will help. I will try to figure out how to do that.
    Also I am not sure how to make the entire site https.

Plugin Contributions

What are your SEO needs? I'd be happy to take a free look, make simple suggestions and go as far as discussing pricing. It really depends on what your trying to rank for. Is it local? National? Keywords? Competition? Is it ongoing? Is it something you think if I got you up and going you could handle on your own going forward? Etc.

Plugin Contributions

Also i ran a quick audit for you, here are the results. You should focus on Keyword clarity, using H tags, more content and social media. i would build / add social media first and then you could syndicate any new content to social media pages automatically (a big BONUS)

Plugin Contributions

So-called "SEO" is today very much a case of satisfying Google's multiple website configuration policies. Many of these are programmatic issues, such as json/ld Website Microdata (conforming to SCHEMA.ORG protocols), Page-speed parameters, HTML validation (including CSS and JS), and minification of things like HTML, JS and CSS.

There is little point in getting CONTENT sorted out until the above are properly applied.

Google also regards PAGE-SPEED and MOBILE-FRIENDLINESS as hyper-important - so in addition to compressed JPG images (don't use GIF or PNG as these can't be compressed), the minification of CSS, JS and HTML - as well as the load-sequence for any internal or external files (such as jquery) will influence Google's assessment of the site's efficiency. A mobile-friendly template is therefore essential - and here one has to be careful... Many so-called "mobile-friendly" templates are clunky and cumersome.

Google is awash with advice and tutorials on how these issues affect its rating of a website.

In general, there is little or nothing you need do to core zencart programming. It is configured to render a page in ways that are relevant to how SE spiders assess it.

ONCE these technical issues are configured (and tested), then you can focus on website CONTENT - knowing that good content will then be rendered in ways that Search Engines (and Google is the benchmark) like to see it.
    20 years a Zencart User