Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default not getting a warning that says " You picked an Invalid Selection "

Options names and options value are created and configured correctly and required to buyer to make a purchase..BUT Customers not getting a warning when they click ( add to cart with out choosing from drop down menu ) All its says ( Empty cart that pop up on top right corner) Supposed to get a warning saying ( You picked an Invalid Selection please select fro below ) How to fix that please to let buyer know that they need to make a selection .Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: not getting a warning that says " You picked an Invalid Selection "

Some additional information about your site's configuration will help others to help you:

Your Zen Cart version
    Your current template's name
    What, if any, plugins do you have installed?
    Are there any files named myDEBUG-*.log (not myDEBUG-adm-*.log) in your store's /logs directory?

Plugin Contributions

In the Attributes Controller, you'll find a legend of the various attribute options.

Yellow, Blue, Gold, Pink, Purple, and Red. There also a symbol that appears when an attribute has an assigned image and if it is valid or not.

In your case, you would concentrate on first adding a value to your option that is telling the customer to select a product, size, color, etc. So option 1 might be Please Select a Size. With a sort order of zero, it will show up as the first choice.

By clicking on the yellow and gold buttons in the Attributes Controller, you are telling Zen Cart that the Please Select is for display only and the it is the default. The Default selection will cause the Please Select to always be highlighted. The sort order 0 (zero) assures the Please Select is listed first.

Display Only tells Zen Cart that it is not a valid option to be selected and throws the error if you click add to cart without selecting a different option.

Plugin Contributions

My temporary site is soukmorocco.com/store
    using zen cart 1.5.5f
    template ########## template : ########## – Responsive Zencart Template
    Not getting warning that says ( You picked an Invalid Selection please select fro below )

thanks for responding so quick

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if the last post is indicating that there is still an issue or not; however, when I dug around and got to this address:
    Code:
    soukmorocco.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=4
    It seemed like a message was provided if attempted to add product to the cart without making any selections (at least via mobile device) so not sure if still an issue or not... or if just controlled differently between the two devices.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hmm have you fixed it?
    I get "Please choose Stuffing options from Drop down menu ." as the error message in 3 different (desktop) browsers.
    Which product is causing the problem?
    What device and browser are getting the problem with?

Plugin Contributions

Here is an example of what i am expecting to see . without making a selecting or choosing from down menu . but buyers not getting that warning highlighted in yellow
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example123.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	17756
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by abctech123; 25 Mar 2018 at 02:23 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Switch back to the default template and see if that restores the way you want to see it?

It probably is just the way that commercial template works....

Plugin Contributions

I switched to responsive classic template and i get that message that i am looking for saying ( Please correct the following:
    On the Option for: Stuffing options You picked an Invalid Selection: Please choose )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exmaple1234.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	17757

Plugin Contributions

Its work fine with classic template but NOT with the commercial one I am using . I am wondering what can cause this issue ?

Thanks
    Last edited by abctech123; 25 Mar 2018 at 03:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast