Plugin Contributions

Default After 22 June 2018 Recevied Payment But Order NOT Created Paypal IPN Retrying 500

Hello,

Since after 22nd June, 2018, suddenly, my zen cart website could not create order after paypal payment successfully paid.
    I works fine for so many years until 22nd June, and then all Paypal IPN message sent to my site not being received.
    Thus buyers can pay, and can receive payment in my Paypal account, but after payment complete not any order created for my clients to download any more.
    IPN history status are "RETRYING" and show HTTP 500 error, instead of "SENT" which will create order for clients to download.

However, on 23rd and 27th found that 1 of few other orders on each date mentioned successfully created orders but 2 and a hlaf hours later, and about 1 hour later after payment complete.

I googled and searched through this forum for about 4-5 days and applied all possible solutions but no luck.
    I found some of threads or articles said about HTTP 200 OK, curl, host is fast but paypal ipn is slow, MySQL database upgrade.

Any one experiend similar issue ?
    How you guy fix it, please kindly advise would be appreciated.

Some information:
    cPanel Version 70.0 (build 51)
    Apache Version 2.2.34
    PHP Version 5.4.45
    MySQL Version 5.6.39-83.1
    Architecture x86_64
    Operating System linux
    Perl Version 5.10.1
    Zen Cart Version 1.3.9H

I have tried many solutions from this forum 4-5 days already but no luck.
    Also hired freelancers to fix but failed too.

Please help.
    Thanks a lot.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After 22 June 2018 Recevied Payment But Order NOT Created Paypal IPN Retrying 500

500 error is on the server so, it might be best to check with your host to see what they did.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: June 2018 Recevied Payment But Order NOT Created Paypal IPN Retrying 500 [SOLVED]

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    500 error is on the server so, it might be best to check with your host to see what they did.
    Yes, you are right.
    Thank you so much, that's the real cause.
    I contacted the sever more than five times before they accepted to check that for me.
    They mostly driven me away to contact Paypal, hired developers to check through.
    All of them the same answer, cause from the server security or firewall.

Now, the problem fixed since one of the support staff of the server agreed to check for me and after that my web site created orders properly instantly after Paypal payment paid successfully.

I do appreciated your advise.
    Thank you so much.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: June 2018 Recevied Payment But Order NOT Created Paypal IPN Retrying 500 [SOLVED]

Glad you got it going. Sad that a host is reluctant to investigate a 500 error since it's 99.9% something on the server that is not correct.

Incorrect changes in an .htaccess file can cause this as well. However, they should be far more capable of assessing the .htacess themselves for THEIR environment.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Glad you got it going. Sad that a host is reluctant to investigate a 500 error since it's 99.9% something on the server that is not correct.

Incorrect changes in an .htaccess file can cause this as well. However, they should be far more capable of assessing the .htacess themselves for THEIR environment.
    Hi,

At first, contacted the host about 6 times they always confirm that this error didn't caused from server.

I spent 5-6 days checking through the Zen Cart scripts and .htaccess, contacted & talked to Paypal support, searched through Zen Cart forum, hired a zen cart expert to check in the end, they all pointed to the server fault.

Then I must explained to the host team such a long time before they agreed to check the security that block Paypal IPN to communicate with zen cart, then next day it works.

I lost several days for nothing and paid the developer to check through because the host firstly refused and abandoned me.

However, after you replied me on this forum it even more clear and helpful.

Appreciated your kind advice.

Cheers!

Plugin Contributions

I have had similar problems only since this Paypal upgrades, okay I agree its for security of customers momney and the data involved, but getting an isue where the Host puts you back to both paypal or links in these forums is fine if there is definately not something wrong at the host server end.
    Most of us non developers would not know which way to go so just want pointers.
    Paypal has helped to some extent, plus my host has always been terrifuic at helping even when its a third party issue i.e zencart

I have not had the Paypal IPN Retrying 500 email, only no order emails so I have no idea what the customer ordered or the breakdown, only admin & customer getting emails from paypal with the total, and taking to time to arrive in the paypal activity.

Feeding back on your thread but have also replied to another more direct to my issue.
    Original store was 1.39:- TransportPostcards.co.uk/shop (redirecting out)
    Working on a fresh new store... 1.56a TransportPostcards.co.uk/store
    Appreciate Zen-Cart? - Always keep a banner link on your shop