Plugin Contributions

Default Customer payment listed as Gift Certificate/Coupon, issue with a module? (v1.5.5f)

I was wondering if this is an issue with a Payment Module? Today one of the orders that came in had the Payment Method listed as Gift Certificate/Coupon, but we have never offered any coupons or gift certificates. Our store currently only uses PayPal Express checkout and Square as payment options; all other Payment Modules have been removed. I'm not sure if Order Total Modules could play a role, but the only active modules there are Shipping, Sub-total, Tax, and Total.

We had other orders placed today and these have the Payment Method listed as either Credit Card (Square) or Paypal. This lets me know checkout is working correctly.

The order with the payment listed as Gift Certificate/Coupon has the full price for the item. However if I check our PayPal or Square account no transaction was processed. It seems the order went through within our store, but no funds where charged / processed.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on this issue. I tried looking through the forums, but did not come across a post or solution relating to this issue.

Our store is running the latest v1.5.5f

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer payment listed as Gift Certificate/Coupon, issue with a module? (v1.5.5f

Have you been through your checkout and made sure it's isn't an addon payment module turned on? Gift Certificate/Coupon is not a stock label for any order total, nor payment module.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer payment listed as Gift Certificate/Coupon, issue with a module? (v1.5.5f

Melanie,

Thank you for the reply. Yes we have done several test purchases since this issue and we have not been able to replicate it. We have tried different browsers, computers, and paypal / square accounts with everything working as it should. We tried checking out as a quest and we also set up a dummy account with the buyers name and address to see if it was perhaps a regional issue. In the end, everything for us, has worked as it should.

The only thing we can think of is that some weird bug happened that processed the order when it shouldn't have or their is an issue on the buyer's end that we are unaware of and is out of our control. We have reached out to the buyer numerous time, but the only info we have been told is that they used a debit card. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since the first post all other orders made by new and existing customers have been processed and gone through correctly. This current order is still in the same condition. We still looking into the issue, if anything changes we'll be sure to update this post

Thanks again!