Plugin Contributions

Default cats with one item in not displaying...

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]
    Hi,
    Have a bit of an odd problem I have never seen before.
    Basically I have 2 websites running zencart. I finished upgrading my first one, then I copied it over to where the second should be relocated to so that it was a 'clone'. I then changed the configs etc so that it pointed to the correct database and all is fine.

However I just noticed that in my second site, when I click some of the categories that only have one product in them, the page wont load. However when I add a second to it OR if I remove that single product, it does then load the page?

I never had this problem with my first site.

Does anyone know what this problem is?

My second site is giftsjam. co . uk , go to 'cards' then 'Anniversary' This is one example.

THanks
    A

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cats with one item in not displaying...

When you say doesn't show, didn't say that get a blank screen. At least that was the result I got when I went there... The source code is/was also empty. (sometimes a javascript issue can prevent page display, but the content would be there. Not the case here. Just no content.)

So... pulling out the ever faithful and trusty Frequent FAQs: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Yes blank screen is what I mean.

I had a quick look through and nothing on that page seems to relate.
    The website is a direct copy of another one where I do not have this issue.
    I have copied it across twice using different methods and files and it has hapened both times.
    All files copied across both times as I used an FTP and that lets me know if there are failed transfers, and it has been tried twice.
    Looking in my debug logs, I do not see an error that related to this.
    I haven't made file changes on this version.

It seemed to me that because there is only one product in the folder, it cannot load a product listing page, and it should direct you straight to the actual product instead. Which is what it does in my other website. Do you know what I mean?
    It seems that it is failing to do that.

Any other ideas what it might be?

THank you
    AMy

Plugin Contributions

So, if the files presumably are the same at both locations and the two sites are independent, I would question the database transfer and contents of the second/backup database. Can verify if that is the issue by temporarily pointing the backup site's database to the source site's database and trying again.

If they are both pointing to the same database, then would investigate the file issue further to ensure that the files really are the same.

To confirm that ZC 1.5.6a operates as expected I did use a site with demo data to place a single product in a category (such that the category only had one product in it). When I navigated to the "category" I was redirected to the product information page as expected.

As to the lack of myDebug log, perhaps it shouldn't have generated one, but perhaps it should have. Unless positively known that debug logs are being logged for other reasons, I would try to force a debug log to be written just to confirm that the folder permissions were properly set. That said, the statement that "do not see an error that related to this..." seems to imply that there are other errors present (ideally no new errors should be generated and really the error logs be removed from the server at some point) but that they are not generated at/near the time when reproducing the issue. If there are errors otherwise being generated then of course want to correct that condition as well. :)

Use of a file comparison tool may also serve better than just relying on the FTP program to not report a problem transferring the file(s).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Looked into this. I couldn't find any differences. I amsl checked over the config several times comparing everything.

I deleted and re installed and that didnt work.

I deleted, took my old site again and changed files and re uploaded it and now it works?

Unfortunately I cannot offer an answer to anyone else who might have this issue. Obviously something wasnt uploading properly on my previous attempts.

Going back through from the start step by step fixed the issues.

Thank you anyway for all your help :)

Amy