Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 1.5.6b SitemapXML issue !!

1.5.6b PHP 7.3 SiteMapXML v3.9.5

previously reported in sitemap thread but no response

Sitemap(s) not being generated (nothing happens in admin/tools/sitemap when rebuild sitemaps is ticked and send is clicked) - one file shows in files list, sitemap.xml, but it is empty - url domain / sitemap.xml results in 404 - this is error log
    Code:
    [01-Jul-2019 14:27:12 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /admin/sitemapxml.php, IP address: 203.63.88.122
    #1  require_once(/home/******/public_html/admin/includes/modules/sitemapxml_install.php) called at [/home/******/public_html/admin/sitemapxml.php:21]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_SITEMAPXML_EXTRAURLS - assumed 'TABLE_SITEMAPXML_EXTRAURLS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/*****/public_html/admin/includes/modules/sitemapxml_install.php on line 135.
    any assistance will be appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.6b SitemapXML issue !!

Mike,

Might not be the solution for your 404 but for the undefined...
    Probably the absolute wrong way but for plugins doing that in 156b, I've gone to includes/languages/english/extra_definitions (or a bit further down the hierarchy to MY_TEMPLATE_FOLDER and use an existing file as an example to create a new file appropriately named to define 'as blank' the DEFINITION that is being reported as undefined.

Fedex being one example with a single undefined
    IH5 being another with 2 undefined
    Last edited by RixStix; 1 Jul 2019 at 03:00 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    1.5.6b PHP 7.3 SiteMapXML v3.9.5

previously reported in sitemap thread but no response

Sitemap(s) not being generated (nothing happens in admin/tools/sitemap when rebuild sitemaps is ticked and send is clicked) - one file shows in files list, sitemap.xml, but it is empty - url domain / sitemap.xml results in 404 - this is error log
    Code:
    [01-Jul-2019 14:27:12 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /admin/sitemapxml.php, IP address: 203.63.88.122
    #1  require_once(/home/******/public_html/admin/includes/modules/sitemapxml_install.php) called at [/home/******/public_html/admin/sitemapxml.php:21]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_SITEMAPXML_EXTRAURLS - assumed 'TABLE_SITEMAPXML_EXTRAURLS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/*****/public_html/admin/includes/modules/sitemapxml_install.php on line 135.
    any assistance will be appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike
    In v3.9.3 the install file has line 143 commented out... so the warning should not be logged? Anyway, I didn't see a need for me to use any of it so commented out that section. Warnings do not kill code normally, you may want to dig some more... mine is working fine ZC1.5.6b PHP7.3.x
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks for responding Rick - seems there may possibly be more to it - see DaveWest comment. I deleted out that section and it made no difference (either way) - have now found another error log - see my response to davewest.

thanks again,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    In v3.9.3 the install file has line 143 commented out... so the warning should not be logged? Anyway, I didn't see a need for me to use any of it so commented out that section. Warnings do not kill code normally, you may want to dig some more... mine is working fine ZC1.5.6b PHP7.3.x
    ATTN: davewest and RixStix

Many thanks Dave for responding. I commented out that section and it made no difference to the issue - you were right about digging further - I found another error log (below) - any advice on this would be appreciated .... I used the uninstall sql and then reinstalled sitemapxml 3.9.5, again with no change to the issue.

Dave you said you had 3.9.3 working fine on 1.5.6b - unmodified?

Rick - as much as there more errors they all refer to 'undefined constant' - so your suggestion Rick may be helpful, at least as a stop-gap solution .... the problem is I really didn't understand what you meant - I am not a coder so is it possible to offer a more elaborate explanation of "use an existing file as an example to create a new file appropriately named to define 'as blank' the DEFINITION that is being reported as undefined".

This site suffered many months of ranking issues due to canonicals not being written to sitemaps due to USU not being compatible with 1.5.5f - now another 'apparent' compatibility problem with the latest version of ZC ..... gets pretty frustrating (especially for those of us who are not coders and cannot sort it out themselves without significant help).

cheers,
    Mike

Code:
    [02-Jul-2019 13:52:55 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /admin/sitemapxml.php, IP address: 203.63.88.122
    #1  include(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/sitemapxml.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php:42]
    #2  require(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3  require(/home/****/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php:171]
    #4  require(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/admin/sitemapxml.php:14]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant SITEMAPXML_SITEMAPINDEX - assumed 'SITEMAPXML_SITEMAPINDEX' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/****/public_html/dazzlers/includes/languages/english/sitemapxml.php on line 14.

[02-Jul-2019 13:52:55 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /admin/sitemapxml.php, IP address: 203.63.88.122
    #1  include(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/sitemapxml.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php:42]
    #2  require(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_languages.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3  require(/home/****/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php:171]
    #4  require(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/admin/sitemapxml.php:14]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant SITEMAPXML_SITEMAPINDEX - assumed 'SITEMAPXML_SITEMAPINDEX' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/dazzlersharmonyn/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/sitemapxml.php on line 36.

[02-Jul-2019 13:52:56 Australia/Sydney] Request URI: /admin/sitemapxml.php, IP address: 203.63.88.122
    #1  require_once(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/modules/sitemapxml_install.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sitemapxml.php:95]
    #2  require(/home/****/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_sitemapxml.php) called at [/home/****/public_html/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant TABLE_SITEMAPXML_EXTRAURLS - assumed 'TABLE_SITEMAPXML_EXTRAURLS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/****/public_html/admin/includes/modules/sitemapxml_install.php on line 135.

Plugin Contributions

Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Rick - as much as there more errors they all refer to 'undefined constant' - so your suggestion Rick may be helpful, at least as a stop-gap solution .... the problem is I really didn't understand what you meant - I am not a coder so is it possible to offer a more elaborate explanation of "use an existing file as an example to create a new file appropriately named to define 'as blank' the DEFINITION that is being reported as undefined".
    Mike, not a coder here either and I refrain from altering core code that might not make it to future releases because it usually bites me.

Here's an example of what I meant about taking an example definition file. This is what I did for the Fedex code warning. Makes it easier for me to find in the future but acknowledge that it could be the exact wrong thing to do to eliminate the warning.

/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fedex_definitions.php

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package languageDefines
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2005 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: ez_pages_definitions.php 2739 2005-12-30 19:00:50Z birdbrain $
     */

// define fedex name
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_BOXES_MANAGER_STATUS','');

?>
    I did something similar for IH5 definition warnings
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Can you set your PHP version to be an older version of PHP and see if that works?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    Can you set your PHP version to be an older version of PHP and see if that works?
    Many thanks for your response - I reverted to PHP 7.1 with no change to function, i.e. sitemaps are not being generated - not sure if log errors were still being generated because being a live site I only reverted for a few minutes to test function. May try again for a longer period during off-peak.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Mike, not a coder here either and I refrain from altering core code that might not make it to future releases because it usually bites me.

Here's an example of what I meant about taking an example definition file. This is what I did for the Fedex code warning. Makes it easier for me to find in the future but acknowledge that it could be the exact wrong thing to do to eliminate the warning.

/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/fedex_definitions.php

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package languageDefines
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2005 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: ez_pages_definitions.php 2739 2005-12-30 19:00:50Z birdbrain $
     */

// define fedex name
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_BOXES_MANAGER_STATUS','');

?>
    I did something similar for IH5 definition warnings
    Many thanks Rick - I really appreciate your interest in helping me out - I'm also reluctant to fiddle with code or apply 'patch' remedies - I would prefer that the plugin developer fix it properly - problem being that Andrew Berezin has had a bad habit for years now of not being around when needed - not really satisfactory for such a critical plugin. I am gobsmacked as to how ZC developers can ignore including the sitemap in the core files - bewildering!... my opinion anyway.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast