Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.6b SitemapXML issue !!

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Many thanks Rick - I really appreciate your interest in helping me out - I'm also reluctant to fiddle with code or apply 'patch' remedies - I would prefer that the plugin developer fix it properly - problem being that Andrew Berezin has had a bad habit for years now of not being around when needed - not really satisfactory for such a critical plugin. I am gobsmacked as to how ZC developers can ignore including the sitemap in the core files - bewildering!... my opinion anyway.
    Maybe you missed it, but Andrew is no longer with us

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    Maybe you missed it, but Andrew is no longer with us
    Yes I did miss it - many thanks for the heads up .... kinda embarrassed now

That strengthens further the need for ZC developers to make it work with, and incorporate it in, their platform and not leave it to some good Samaritan to attempt to pick up the slack ... if inclined ... if they have the skills ... if they have the time .... if!! - meanwhile?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

He's not been around for a while because he's dead...I have this working without any issues on 1.5.6b and PHP 7.1.30. Try grabbing the latest off his github. And stop complaining about "not really satisfactory" blah blah...way past getting old and moving into offensive...move on to a different platform if this is too difficult for you to use and figure out or you are too cheap to simply pay someone to fix it for you. No one here owes you a thing, and anyone that contributes code and modules is under no obligation to update it or help you figure something out.

Rick's solution is fine, it works.

Ah, yes, I forgot about the ignore list....
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 3 Jul 2019 at 04:20 AM.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    He's not been around for a while because he's dead...I have this working without any issues on 1.5.6b and PHP 7.1.30. Try grabbing the latest off his github. And stop complaining about "not really satisfactory" blah blah...way past getting old and moving into offensive...move on to a different platform if this is too difficult for you to use and figure out or you are too cheap to simply pay someone to fix it for you. No one here owes you a thing, and anyone that contributes code and modules is under no obligation to update it or help you figure something out.

Rick's solution is fine, it works.

Ah, yes, I forgot about the ignore list....
    Nice rant lankee. Firstly until Gilby responded I didn't know he was dead - secondly even when he was alive he was like the scarlet pimpernel - take a look back through the support thread.
    Too cheap to pay someone to fix something for me ?? .... check out the help wanted thread, you know the one that is visited about 6 monthly - I have been wanting someone to build a 1.5.6 site for me for many months, no takers .... and for someone to quote on creating some code for me for a particular purpose - I actually asked via pm a few contributors in here but their workloads were too high. I look forward to your quotes.
    No one here owes you a thing, and anyone that contributes code and modules is under no obligation to update it or help you figure something out
    Haven't heard that before .... oh wait, of course I have. I have stated many times I am not a coder, but I have been instrumental by working in collaboration with a couple of people in here, of helping establish two plugins, one of which was my concept and is being utilized by many zenners - and I have responded to many who have needed help in certain forums on subjects that I had to get some help on that gave me the knowledge to help others when I can. Yes I need help from time to time, many do, that is one reason the forum exists.

So I know nobody in here owes me anything - quite the reverse, I owe them!!

Seems some in here can accept criticism and others cannot - I am certainly not the first to have criticized Andrew, albeit I may be the last - and I am not the first and will certainly not be the last to offer constructive criticism about plugins and also about Zen Cart itself.

I like ZC and many of its community who have been helpful to me over 8 years or so, but I am not a sheep - I will speak my mind and in this case, based on what was available to me, I was and am right - v3.9.5 out of the box does not work on 1.5.6b - the version in Github may and I will try it, and I thank you for alerting me to the fact that there is a different version available - if you are inclined then a link to the github address would be appreciated, if not no doubt I will find it.

I am also by a long way not the first person to suggest / request that a sitemap program of the developers choosing be incorporated in ZC core.

So lankee if you are good enough to apologize for the rant then I am more than happy to accept it - if not then get off your high horse

cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by shags38; 3 Jul 2019 at 06:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Just curious.... how much did you tell them your budget was?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    Just curious.... how much did you tell them your budget was?
    for what in particular? I don't know that I posted a budget amount, was requesting interest/ability in doing the job and an indication of cost :)

Plugin Contributions

I might would consider being able to help with the commercial requests but I would be concerned that not enough requests are being generated for me to get work to cover the yearly fee.

Plugin Contributions

Another way to look at it is that this is an inexpensive way for you to support the project.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    I might would consider being able to help with the commercial requests but I would be concerned that not enough requests are being generated for me to get work to cover the yearly fee.
    ZC charge a fee for you to offer commercial assistance?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart offers a "Commercial Help Wanted" forum. Anyone who wants a project done for a fee can post to it; only subscribers can read it, and subscription is a paid service. Subscribing helps support the project.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast