Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Domestic shipping with non-domestic credit card

Even worse, I woke up this morning to NO orders, which is unheard of. I tried a test order myself, and the only shipping method that's permitted if you restrict the zones in the shipping methods to 'US' is 'Store Pickup.' If I disable that in the shipping methods, no shipping method is displayed to the customer at all. So that's why I had no orders overnight, because nobody was able to pick a shipping method.

So I'm back to the same problem. I have to disable Canada in the country list in order to be able to ship to US customers, because if I restrict the zones to 'US' in the shipping methods, they get no shipping method choices at all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    Even worse, I woke up this morning to NO orders, which is unheard of. I tried a test order myself, and the only shipping method that's permitted if you restrict the zones in the shipping methods to 'US' is 'Store Pickup.' If I disable that in the shipping methods, no shipping method is displayed to the customer at all. So that's why I had no orders overnight, because nobody was able to pick a shipping method.

So I'm back to the same problem. I have to disable Canada in the country list in order to be able to ship to US customers, because if I restrict the zones to 'US' in the shipping methods, they get no shipping method choices at all.
    If a customer's default (billing/shipping) address is Canada, then initially they won't see any shipping methods because they need to change their shipping address to a location in the US for the shipping type to be offered.

Perhaps you could add some text to the checkout_shipping page to indicate that shipments are solely to US-based addresses and "guide" the customer to make that address change.

Plugin Contributions

I fixed the problem for US customers by going into the Zone Definitions and entering each US zone separately, all 50 states and seven territories. The original zone entry had read 'All states and territories' and I assumed that was what it meant. Not so--you have to enter each one as a separate zone in the zone definitions if you want to use 'US' as a zone restriction in the shipping methods. Now a customer can enter a Canadian billing address along with a US shipping address.

Thanks for prodding me to figure this out.

Editing to add that no one was seeing any shipping methods, not even US customers, when the shipping was restricted to 'US' in the shipping methods. The only way to fix that was to add each US shipping zone separately in the Zone Definitions. Just having 'US' as a zone with the text 'All states and territories' was not sufficient.

I am going to add to the text on the shipping page that says ''This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.' I'll add something like 'Please change to a US address or enter a new one.'
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 18 Jul 2019 at 01:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Glad that it got figured out and corrected. Guessing that the zone list had been modified in some older installation where the ability to deactivate wasn't yet available.

Mentioned that was going to add text regarding "this order", is it that certain product or groups of items limit the shipping or is it just plainly that all shipments have this limitation?

Just got me thinking about how much more complicated it could get by what may seem as text that needs to be modified on a case-by-case basis and if that includes omitting the statement when an acceptable destination is identified.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

It's all shipments. If the country is not enabled, then a new customer can't even create an account. An existing customer who has an address in that country gets the message that 'We do not accept billing or shipping addresses for this country' or something similar to that. If you just enable that county, then you enable shipping to that country as well. The only way to accept a billing address in that country and a shipping address somewhere else is to enable that country but then restrict the shipping methods to the allowable zones. I assumed that when the default zone was 'US' it meant all the US, since the default zone definition for 'US' was 'all states and territories.' But that turned out not to be the case. I had to list each state and territory separately--57 entries plus three more for military addresses. I haven't been able to test it all the way to actually placing an order yet, but it looks as though it's going to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12