Plugin Contributions

Default Will upgrading from v1.5.4 to v156c solve the thousands of MyDebug log files

My hosting company recently complained that the server my ZenCart was being hosted on was being overloaded and slowed down due to the vast number (100,000 plus!) of MyDebug files in the ZenCart log directory. I was able to delete them and install the Log Manager plugin:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2123
    which I've set to delete anything older than a day...

My site is a Japanese/English site and at some point in the near future (I hope!), I plan to upgrade to v156. So I'm wondering if upgrading will eliminate (some of?) the errors, or should I begin sorting through them now, before upgrading?

I've copied the errors that seem to be most frequent below.

Your advice would be most appreciated!!

=======

[09-Apr-2020 21:05:00 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php on line 19

[09-Apr-2020 21:05:00 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/modules/sideboxes/information.php on line 39

[09-Apr-2020 21:05:00 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/modules/sideboxes/information.php on line 43

[09-Apr-2020 21:05:01 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php on line 19

[09-Apr-2020 21:06:06 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'cPath' in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 40

[09-Apr-2020 21:06:06 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'products_id' in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/classes/navigation_history.php on line 40

[09-Apr-2020 21:06:06 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_header.php on line 19

[09-Apr-2020 21:06:06 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/modules/sideboxes/information.php on line 39

[09-Apr-2020 21:06:06 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_COUPON_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/modules/sideboxes/information.php on line 43

[09-Apr-2020 21:06:06 America/Detroit] PHP Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/globalpe/public_html/store.globalpeace.jp/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php on line 19

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Will upgrading from v1.5.4 to v156c solve the thousands of MyDebug log files

Most certainly upgrading the site will reduce the frequency and type of mydebug logs especially as it would seem that the php version for your site has been increased beyond the original design of the site software.

While there is a new link location to the following, my browser can't access it, so I am still using this old link on how to do the "upgrade": http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Will upgrading from v1.5.4 to v156c solve the thousands of MyDebug log files

Thank you. I think this may be the newer upgrade page you were talking about:

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...led_upgrading/

I would appreciate any other comments by experienced users on the effect upgrading will have on the proliferation of MyDebug files...
    Last edited by Peace Freak; 10 Apr 2020 at 05:21 AM.

Plugin Contributions

That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

As @mc said, "the php version for your site has been increased beyond the original design of the site software." You are running an old version of Zen Cart (1.5.4) with a new version of PHP (7+). See here for a mapping of PHP versions to Zen Cart versions:
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first...s/#php-version
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Change the underlying php version down to the lowest your hosting permits (7.1?) while you work on the upgrade.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....62#post1367462
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...