Plugin Contributions

Default While Preparing My new 1.57 site my live site goes array!

Zen 1.5.4 on sql 5.7.23-23 on hosted server

I have been working on a new sites in sub folders creating 1.57 sites. While working today I noticed my live site has gone array. www.gelcandlecompany.com Not displaying pages properly. I do have a lot of logs hence me getting my ###### in gear for an upgrade.

Not too sure what files to look at exactly, hoping someone can give me a little insight. Here is my last log file which Im afraid I have too many.

Code:
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /xxxxxx/xxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/usu.php on line 1015
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant ABOUT_US_IMAGE - assumed 'ABOUT_US_IMAGE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_sheffield_blue/responsive_sheffield_blue_defines.php on line 56
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant CSS_BUTTON_POPUPS_IS_ARRAY - assumed 'CSS_BUTTON_POPUPS_IS_ARRAY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 328
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 58
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 73
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/classes/categories_ul_generator.php on line 73
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php on line 187
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/sideboxes/responsive_sheffield_blue/information.php on line 45
    [14-Aug-2020 05:20:43 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/responsive_sheffield_blue/category_row.php:39
    Stack trace:
    #0 /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_category_row.php(14): require()
    #1 /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/templates/tpl_index_categories.php(74): require('/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx...')
    #2 /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php(219): require('/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx...')
    #3 /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/templates/responsive_sheffield_blue/common/tpl_main_page.php(251): require('/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx...')
    #4 /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/index.php(97): require('/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx...')
    #5 {main}
      thrown in /xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/public_html/includes/modules/responsive_sheffield_blue/category_row.php on line 39
    thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: While Preparing My new 1.57 site my live site goes array!

It appears to me that there are references to the template many times but I did not touch these files.

Plugin Contributions

It looks like you are running a PHP version which is too modern for Zen Cart 1.5.4, which is 6 years old.

Take a look at
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first...s/#php-version
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you it looks like my host changed my roots php to 7.3 without giving me a heads up. Now all the new 1.57 sub domains are still working ok except my live root site at 1.54. If my host downshifts which version would be best for my 1.54 root site temporarily while upgrading ?

Plugin Contributions

The highest PHP version for Zen Cart 1.5.4 is PHP 5.6.

Another possibility is that you can configure your cart folder ONLY to run PHP 5.6 while the rest of your subdomains run 7.3 (or vice versa) - you can use .htaccess to do this in many hosting environments. A procedure is discussed in this post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....18#post1371618

Plugin Contributions

I would like to do just that but unfortunately my main site is at the root and then there's sub folders with domains. Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spawnie69 View Post
    I would like to do just that but unfortunately my main site is at the root and then there's sub folders with domains. Thanks again
    Right, so if you're able to control php version by way of htaccess then this arrangement is still ok. As said, either the root is "naturally" at 5.6 and each sub-domain uses an htaccess to use a higher version, or all locations require an htaccess file with the necessary/desired php version identified.

Or if host permits, could also move the primary site to a sub-folder such that the Web still sees the same path but the server sees it in the sub-folder.

Then the php versions can be handled a little better..m

Fyi, don't recommend just going and doing that last one but get together a mini plan... my thought to it would be to create the new subdirectory. Copy all of the files from the live site to the sub-directory. In the new sub-directory update the includes/configure.php and YOUR_ADMIN/includes/configure.php to reference the new DIR_FS_xxx path(es). There would be no change to the DIR_WS_xxx path(es). Then have the main site point to this new sub-directory and verify operation. Then again play with htaccess files to ensure the appropriate php version(s) are seen by the applicable site.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spawnie69 View Post
    You can do the converse - set your hosting plan to PHP 5.6 and set the subdirs to 7.3 using .htaccess.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    You can do the converse - set your hosting plan to PHP 5.6 and set the subdirs to 7.3 using .htaccess.
    Maybe.

It depends on how you set up an .htaccess in the sub-folders. IF you set the .htaccess in the "higher" folder to a "lower" PHP, it will not allow the "lower" folder to run a "higher" level of PHP.

In case you don't see the correlation, highs need to go together and lows together. Let's use the image below as an example.

A commonly used folder structure at a host is home/YOUR_USERNAME/public_html. This is commonly known as the root. If your root has a .htaccess file with PHP set to 5.6, you are going to be okay UNTIL you do something like create a home/YOUR_USERNAME/public_html/test folder to tryout the new version.

Of course the newer version wants to go to the current 7.3 and may even default to 7.3 when you create the folder test. That PHP setting will affect ALL folders up to and including the public_html folder. So, if you had home/YOUR_USERNAME/public_html/test/store/oldsite/catalog and catalog had a .htaccess file setting the PHP at 5.6, ALL the folders would be essentially set to 5.6.

In the image, you'll see that all the folders are on the same "level" as the root. You can also see that one of those folders is named "_test". It (and all the folders listed) are commonly called, "above the root."

The public_html is NOT a subfolder of _test so any .htaccess settings in the public_html (or its subfolders) will not affect the _test folder. Likewise, .htaccess settings in the _test folder will not change those in the public_html folder.

There are ways to make the various .htaccess files act independently but it is so much easier to just go to a "higher" level for a "higher" PHP setting.

SO... With the scenario of a site running 5.6 PHP needing to run an install/upgrade/test of a newer Zen Cart with the newer PHP, you will need to put the install/upgrade/test "above the root."

By slightly modifying the "Installing the Zen Cart fileset using cPanel" instructions in the Storeowner Docs, here's how to accomplish the "above the root" setup.

We'll follow these instructions
    The File Manager is located in the Files Section of cPanel. Click on the File Manager icon and the File Manager will open. Unless you are very familiar with the folder tree of cPanel, we recommend opening the Settings and selecting ‘WebRoot’ as the default opening directory. Refreshing the page will bring up the files currently in your public_html folder.
    by adding an additional action.
    The File Manager is located in the Files Section of cPanel. Click on the File Manager icon and the File Manager will open. Unless you are very familiar with the folder tree of cPanel, we recommend opening the Settings and selecting ‘WebRoot’ as the default opening directory. Refreshing the page will bring up the files currently in your public_html folder. At this point, click on "Home" which will take you "above the root."
    Next, you will upload the latest zip file to your server using the Upload menu icon. (You must download the zip file first, before continuing.) Click on Upload and the upload page will appear in the browser. Drag the zip file to the “Drop files here to start uploading” area and the upload will automatically start. When the progress bar shows 100% with complete underneath, click on the Go Back link to return to your / (Home) folder. If you don’t see the zip file in the / (Home) folder, click on Reload in the menu to refresh the page.
    Find the zip file. Normally Zen Cart uses the following naming format when distributing code: zen-cart-CURRENT_VERSION-RELEASE_DATE.zip. Right-click on the file and select Extract. You should see a home icon with / pre-filled in the box. Make sure your browser matches / and click on the Extract File(s) button. Click Close on the Extraction Results screen.
    You now have a new folder in / (Home) that should match the naming convention of the zip file. zen-cart-CURRENT_VERSION-RELEASE_DATE. All the Zen Cart installation files are in this directory.
    For clarity, rename the directory to something like _test, catalog or store for this new installation. If you were creating a directory for an upgrade or to test an addon on a separate store, you should use an appropriate name you can associate with the task. For now, we’ll give the files a break while we create the database.
    Then continue on with the installation.

After the folder is created, you will need to point a subdomain at the folder (cPanel > Domains > Subdomains) We use test.YOUR_DOMAIN.com pointing to the _test directory.