Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ZX Order Review [Support Thread]

Newbie question here.

Is there a way to check on the emails being sent? like to eventually know if it is working.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nicksab View Post
    Newbie question here.

Is there a way to check on the emails being sent? like to eventually know if it is working.
    Turn on email-archiving via Configuration :: Emails. You'll need to use your webhost's phpMyAdmin to see if you don't have the Email Archive Manager plugin installed (although I'm not certain that the current version of that plugin is compatible with zc158+).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Turn on email-archiving via Configuration :: Emails. You'll need to use your webhost's phpMyAdmin to see if you don't have the Email Archive Manager plugin installed (although I'm not certain that the current version of that plugin is compatible with zc158+).
    I am on 1.5.7d with Email Archive plugin and archiving is turned on. I can see the order confirmation, account....emails being sent but I don t see the emails requesting product reviews.

Maybe i did something wrong in the installation and/or cron job since there is no reviews email being sent

so what i should have asked is:

How can I checked and/or tested that is working?

Plugin Contributions

Did the cron job run AFTER you enabled the Email Archive Manager?
    Are you sure you have orders that meet the requirements at the time when the cron job is executed? In admin->Configuration->ZX Order Review, you have to have the plugin enabled, Wait Period set and Order Status set. So, let's say your Wait Period is 5 days, and your Order Status is 3 (Delivered). Do you have orders placed more than 5 days ago that are currently in "Delivered" status?
    Also, keep in mind if you have A LOT of old orders in the same status, it might be a good idea to create a new order status (ie. Delivered-) and then manually update all orders older than a month to the new status so you don't get thousands of qualifying orders because your orders go all the way back to 2015...

Once the above is confirmed and out of the way, you can run the cron job manually. Simply enter the URL in your address bar (yourdomain.com/order_review_XXXXXXXX.php) and run it. You'll get a blank page because there's no output, but check the Email Archive Manager to see if any emails were sent, and also check your logs directory to see if there were any errors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Did the cron job run AFTER you enabled the Email Archive Manager?
    Are you sure you have orders that meet the requirements at the time when the cron job is executed? In admin->Configuration->ZX Order Review, you have to have the plugin enabled, Wait Period set and Order Status set. So, let's say your Wait Period is 5 days, and your Order Status is 3 (Delivered). Do you have orders placed more than 5 days ago that are currently in "Delivered" status?
    Also, keep in mind if you have A LOT of old orders in the same status, it might be a good idea to create a new order status (ie. Delivered-) and then manually update all orders older than a month to the new status so you don't get thousands of qualifying orders because your orders go all the way back to 2015...

Once the above is confirmed and out of the way, you can run the cron job manually. Simply enter the URL in your address bar (yourdomain.com/order_review_XXXXXXXX.php) and run it. You'll get a blank page because there's no output, but check the Email Archive Manager to see if any emails were sent, and also check your logs directory to see if there were any errors.
    I installed the optional widget in the admin and it shows that 12 customer were contacted in the last 30 days.

My wait period is set to 7 and order status to 3.

In my cpanel cron job setting, i used thesetting from the docs

wget --quiet -O 'https://YOUR_DOMAIN/order_review_4inznzi5vbagd.php' >/dev/null 2>&1
    I run
    yourdomain.com/order_review_XXXXXXXX.php
    directly in the browser and got a 404 page. Now i have 12 emails (for 6 customers ) in the archive that were sent but half of it are duplicates somehow

So it looks like it is coming from my cron job settings.

What do the "XXXXXXXX" stand for in the URL

Are my cron setting mentioned above correct?

thank you for the help
    Last edited by nicksab; 18 Sep 2023 at 02:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

here are my cron job setting on Godaddy cpanel:

Name:  Clipboard02.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  8.6 KB

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

I run directly in the browser and got a 404 page. Now i have 12 emails (for 6 customers ) in the archive that were sent but half of it are duplicates somehow
    If you got a 404, that means you didn't run the correct URL. The XXXXX stands for the random characters that you should have added to the order_review.php as per the docs. Looking at your cron job screenshot, the url would be yourdomain.com/order_review_4inznzi5vbagd.php

So it looks like it is coming from my cron job settings.

What do the "XXXXXXXX" stand for in the URL

Are my cron setting mentioned above correct?

thank you for the help
    Is there any specific reason why the cron job is set to run only on Sunday? I prefer having it run every day, but this is up to you.

Now i have 12 emails (for 6 customers ) in the archive that were sent but half of it are duplicates somehow
    Let me get back to this... The plugin is specifically designed NOT to send duplicate emails, so if an email is sent out, it's flagged and will not get sent again unless you change it in the database manually. If a duplicate email was sent, this means the whole process is failing somewhere and the flag is not being set after an email is sent (database->order_review->notified). Are there any error logs in the logs folder related to the plugin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    If you got a 404, that means you didn't run the correct URL. The XXXXX stands for the random characters that you should have added to the order_review.php as per the docs. Looking at your cron job screenshot, the url would be yourdomain.com/order_review_4inznzi5vbagd.php
    woops i guess i missed that Note part in the docs part. Sorry. Thats probably why the cron job is not running either
    Is there any specific reason why the cron job is set to run only on Sunday? I prefer having it run every day, but this is up to you.
    No specific reason for that. I may follow your advice and run it daily so less emails are sent at one time.

Let me get back to this... The plugin is specifically designed NOT to send duplicate emails, so if an email is sent out, it's flagged and will not get sent again unless you change it in the database manually. If a duplicate email was sent, this means the whole process is failing somewhere and the flag is not being set after an email is sent (database->order_review->notified). Are there any error logs in the logs folder related to the plugin?
    No logs anywhere. Only the duplicate emails in the Email Archive module

Plugin Contributions

After fixing my cron job issue, this module is a big plus for my site.

However, some of my customers are using guest-checkout and don t get included in the order review email.

I understand that it would go against the concept of guest checkout but is it possible to have them included in the batch email? just for the purpose of order/product reviewing.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

Guest checkout is excluded from the order review emails because I personally expect NOT to be contacted about anything other than the essential communication when I choose to checkout as guest. I know it's "just" to review the order, but you could create a very long list of "justs" if you wanted to...

Anyway, if you insist on including Guest orders to this list, you can modify your includes/classes/observers/auto.zx_order_review.php and comment lines 21 and 30:
    Code:
    //if(!zen_in_guest_checkout()) {
    	$orders_id = $p2;
    	$customers_email = $p1['customers_email_address'];
    	$token = RandomToken();
    	$sql = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ORDER_REVIEW . " (orders_id, customers_email, token) VALUES (:ordersID, :customersEmail, :token)";
    	$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':ordersID', $orders_id, 'integer');
    	$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':customersEmail', $customers_email, 'string');
    	$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':token', $token, 'string');
    	$db->Execute($sql);
    //}

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast