Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker sales - what time do they start and end?

Hello, I'm using Z-C 1.5.7c.

I would like to know the time of day a salemaker sale is effective? Is a day defined as 00:01-23:59 ? For example, if I want a one-day sale on 11/28/2021, would I set both the start and end date as both 11/28/2021 -- thus it will start on 11/28/2021 at 00:01 and end on 11/27 at 23:59?

I notice that after using the date picker calendar, it is possible to free-type in the Start Date: and End Date: fields after the date. Is a time-of-day effective if free-typed? What format would I use, and what separator must I place between the date and the hours?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker sales - what time do they start and end?

I recently set up a sale for November and set it to 1/11/2021 to 30/11/2021 the sale ended a day early on the 29th of November. Therefore, I would suggest that if you want a one day sale you set your start to the day of the sale and the end to the next day.
    For your example start 11/28/2021, end 11/29/2021

I think if you free type in the date. Then assuming you have not modified the default date format then the dates should be mm/dd/yyyy (the Standard US date format)
    I have also been able to add a date using - as the seperator.

I live in uk and have modified my configuration to UK format dates.

I am pretty sure that you cannot add a time to the date in the sale maker. I have check the data base and salemaker is set to date not date and time.
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Plugin Contributions

The process employed (as directed by includes/init_includes/init_special_funcs.php) is: when the site is accessed for the first time during a session, if the start date (not date/time) is equal to or less than the current date, then the special, featured product, and/or sale product is activated. Then immediately after activation for the applicable product group the end date is evaluated against the current date for the same condition with the applicable product in that date tracked event group becoming disabled.

Further, the "date" is based off of the timezone that is identified to the store through either php.ini (as permitted to retrieve) or overridden by the value set in includes/extra_configures/set_time_zone.php

So the issue of 00:00 or 00:01, it appears that a new date is initiated when the time goes to 00:00:00.00. Not necessarily at 23:59:60.00 at least as described in wikipedia: Unix time - Wikipedia. I note that perhaps more thorough research may identify something different than described there; however, the concept appears to apply to this discussion as the date appears to be updated at the identified start of the new time for the day.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

> I recently set up a sale for November and set it to 1/11/2021 to 30/11/2021 the sale ended a day early on the 29th of November.

An end date of 30/11/2021 (or 11/30/2021 for Americans) means the sale or special ends on that date at time 00:00:00. So one second after midnight on 11/29, the sale ends if the end date is 11/30.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.