Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Appears to be Sending Out SPAM

Hi all,

Our site platinumnpapersstore.com (1.5.7c / PHP 7.4) appears to be sending out SPAM from the admin's mailing system. We have been getting a large amount of "undeliverable" mail bouncing back to us and it appears to be originating from this store. Each message has "Welcome to Platinum NC, Inc." as the subject line (which is the same as the message for new customers who sign up.

Subject:
    Welcome to Platinum NC, Inc.
    "Platinum NC, Inc." <[email protected]>
    Date:
    3/15/2022, 12:51 PM
    To:
    "Compensation from 500 EUR per day for all >>> [SPAM LINK HERE] <<< Payments in times of crisis from 500 EUR per day for everyone >>> [SPAM LINK HERE] <<<MH" <[email protected]>

Dear Compensation from 500 EUR per day for all >>> [SPAM LINK HERE] <

This site, for some reason, gets hit with a massive amount of spam accounts signups. We are currently using the ZX AntiSpam & Email Verification Plugin to keep those at bay since nothing else (not captcha codes or robot checks) seemed to be working to stop them.

The reason I think these are coming from the site is that as soon as I disable Send Emails in the Email Options menu, the spammy bouncebacks stop.

I have done a winmerge comparison between the site and a fresh set of 1.5.7c files and I can't seem to find the problem. And help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by thegoodlifestore; 15 Mar 2022 at 06:59 PM.