Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Square WebPay support thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave224 View Post
    I'd like to reduce the empty vertical space below the credit card info entry box and above the next payment method on the checkout_payment page. Using browser web developer tools, I see there is a hidden button with id="card-button" with text "Use Credit Card" that takes up 21.5 px vertically. When I use the Square payment method, I never see this button. Under what conditions does this button become visible and can the vertical space taken up by the button be eliminated when hidden? Can anyone suggest an approach to reduce this empty space?
    Thank you!
    zc157c, php8.0.2, Square WebPay 1.0.2
    I think that this button is redundant in Zen Cart, it's the equivalent of ZC's Confirm/Pay Now/Confirm Order button at the end of step 3. Due to the way the surrounding divs overlap you would only save 17px if you 'removed' it.

In browser dev tools try adding display:none; to the element and you'll see that that hides it fully. I guess you would need to change the 'visibility: hidden;' to 'display:none;' in includes\modules\pages\checkout_payment\jscript_square_webPay.php (try searching it for 'card-button').

For me, it would be more trouble than it's worth given I would be editing a plugins core file.
    Last edited by simon1066; 1 Jun 2023 at 07:06 PM.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    ...In browser dev tools try adding display:none; to the element and you'll see that that hides it fully. I guess you would need to change the 'visibility: hidden;' to 'display:none;' in includes\modules\pages\checkout_payment\jscript_square_webPay.php (try searching it for 'card-button').

For me, it would be more trouble than it's worth given I would be editing a plugins core file.
    Of course an easier way might be to just add that display:none to your stylesheet! Try it out.

(Why is it I always go for the complicated way first?)
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I thought of both those approaches but was hesitant because I don't know if that button ever gets displayed to the customer and under what conditions it would be displayed. Think I'll wait until dbltoe responds. But thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, I thought of both those approaches but was hesitant because I don't know if that button ever gets displayed to the customer and under what conditions it would be displayed. Think I'll wait until dbltoe responds. But thank you!
    ha ha ha.... oh my that's a good one...

simon's approach is a good one. it was recommended by me to swguy previously, although i could not find it on this thread.

the card-button code is just a place holder for the square javascript to replace. if the customer does see it, then you have a problem, as it is not meant for the customer to see.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    php 5.6 is not supported nor will it work.
    If I switch to 7.3/7.4 or even 8.0/8.1 then the list doesn't fully populate. I'm not sure what setting I'm messing up, but this just isn't working for me.

5.6 without the php file square_webPay.php
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56 without file.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	20306

5.6 with the php file square_webPay.php, note the install box on right disappears. Also note that square webPay is not listed in the list.

Name:	56 with file.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	20307

7.3 and 7.4, list is shortened and Square webPay still not shown

Name:	73.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	20308

8.0 and 8.1, list is almost gone

Name:	80.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	20309
    Last edited by jwlamb; 4 Jun 2023 at 08:14 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jwlamb View Post
    Also to note, if on php 7.3 or higher, then PayPal disappears from the list, currently that is the only payment module that is working.

Plugin Contributions

That's like waiting on the apprentice to outdo the master

I was simply trying to get one of the items the posting tips asks for in these instances, a URL for the site in question.

I will add from the accessibility standpoint that display:none and visibility:hidden often have to have a little different manipulation to meet accessibility AND HTML standards. While hidden removes both the image and any reference in a screen reader, hidden does not "eat up" the space used by the item.

Also, looking at the site, you need a lot of work to get the site into current things like a responsive template. But that should be in a different thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jwlamb View Post
    If I switch to 7.3/7.4 or even 8.0/8.1 then the list doesn't fully populate. I'm not sure what setting I'm messing up, but this just isn't working for me.

5.6 without the php file square_webPay.php

Name:	56 without file.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	20306

5.6 with the php file square_webPay.php, note the install box on right disappears. Also note that square webPay is not listed in the list.

Name:	56 with file.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	20307

Name:	73.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	20308

8.0 and 8.1, list is almost gone

Name:	80.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	20309
    square webpay requires…. whatever i said above. php 7.4.

i would remove square webpay and try to run your site as it currently exists to run under 7.4. i do not see that in your post. i think 1 of your other payment modules is choking. and you can see that by removing square webpay and trying to run php 7.4.

in addition you said you are not getting any log files. that’s a problem. your screenshots clearly indicate fatal errors and properly configured systems should have log files.

i would talk to your hosting company to find out why you are not seeing those log files and to track them down. withou log files troubleshooting is very difficult and again what you are posting clearly indicates problems for which log files should be generated.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    I think 1 of your other payment modules is choking
    Not sure which one, but I deleted all of them except PayPal, Square (old version), and Square webPay. It works now on 7.4.
    Last edited by jwlamb; 4 Jun 2023 at 11:57 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, firstly thank you Carl for creating this (and to all the others on here who give their time generously, it is appreciated by amateurs like me!). I assist a friend with his site, I set it up around ten years ago and we have done a couple of upgrades so are now on the lovely ZC1.5.8a on PHP8.1 and mySQL5.7

So, i have installed the latest download of Square WebPay (1.04), now incase it helps anyone else Square seem to have updated how you get the API side setup, incase it helps anyone else, it is now slightly hidden, you have to go in to Developer ("Sqaure Developer"), if you don't have any existing app integrations this is tricky to find (unless i am just a bit thick :)
    On the Dashboard menu onthe left, look for Settings at the bottom, then App Integrations. This will be empty apart from some featured apps and a big blue button to Visit app Marketplace, choose this, but then on the new page in the menu at the top choose the "More" drop down menu then choose "Square Developer".
    * Regard this as an addition to Point 3 of the great notes found here! https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/payment/square/

Now, those notes make reference to Version 1.0.1 of Square Web Payments requires API Version 2022-02-16, so my first question is, "Is this still true for version 1.0.4 of the SquareWebPay module? Or should I just leave it on the latest which it defaults to? (which is 16 versions ahead so this seems unlikely).

Second question (sorry!) in the help files it makes reference to a change made in version 1.02 to cope with ZC website that are in a subfolder (ours is). It mentions properly defining in the config file the "DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOGUE constant", now we haven't, we haven't needed to so far, the notes in those files seem to suggest it will be autodetected so ours say:
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');
    Now there is a problem with the install as SquareWebPay is not showing up in the Admin - Modules sections and none of the others have the usual options to install/edit (and were all fine dyas ago!) so there is an issue with what i have done. I have checked and all the files are uploaded to the correct folders.
    Is is down to this missing folder definition? To test this I made the change in both files (configure.php in both admin and store) - but only those two lines and it broke the site! the edits were:
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/JPV3/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/JPV3');
    (the store is in a folder called JPV3) - i have now changed it back and its working fine. Now i believe these are added to the https info and so maybe i just needed to reissue/renew the SSL cert? Not sure...

I did turn on admin logging and saw this in a log file:
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class "Square\Environment" not found in /homepages/7/d456783090/htdocs/JPV3/includes/modules/payment/square_webPay.php:107
    Does that help anyone point me in the right direction?

Any and all help greatly appreciated as I was hoping this would be plug and play but it hasnt been smooth so far
    Thanks, George

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast