Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Website Payments Pro Upgrade - 3D SECURE 2022

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    We noted several users having issues with Square Web Pay and OPC.
    there are no outstanding issues to my knowledge....

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    My grateful thanks to Lat9 and Carlwhat for all their hard work... We sent some coffee money to Carlwhat, and I think that more of us should do so... The new Square WebPay module appears to function properly. It's a huge effort getting these complex modules to work.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    Doesn't look like Breathe Payments is going to work.
    There isn't a way to make a partial refund. In fact there's no way to refund in the module at all - it has to be done via their portal.
    The rep is looking into it for me but without a re-write of the module I can't see a way round it.
    Seems Breathe Payments may still be an option. Patrial refunds can be done via the portal by "capturing" the lower amount (original total less refund) before the end of day consolidation. After EOD refunds/partials can be done as regular refunds via the portal.
    Coming from WPP where everything is done via the ZC admin it's a bit strange, not least the lack of information in the ZC admin.
    For example, while we are used to this sort of thing for a cc payment with WPP
    05/10/2022 11:18:30

Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    PPRef: xxxxxxxxxxxxL
    AuthCode: xxxxxx
    Payment Type: Credit Card (PF)
    Timestamp: 2022-10-05 11:18:29
    Payment Status: Completed
    AVS Code: AVSADDR: Y, AVSZIP: Y, IAVS: Y
    CVV2 Code: Y
    Amount: 9.34 GBP

3D-Secure: PROTECTED
    ECI Value = 05
    CAVV Value = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Breathe Pay only gives this

10/05/2022 14:35:30 Yes
    Processing
    Where WPP has "additional payment handling options", as it is all handled via the portal, Breathe shows this.
    Transaction Unique Code xxxxxxxxxxxx
    xref xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amount Received AUTHCODE:xxxx.
    All the codes/path etc are found in the portal.

So I still think it could be an option, at least for a while. More fiddling over the weekend.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Yes it does amaze me, sometimes I send another message and social media message on top. Though Square did finally reply to facebook, so have to give them a little credit, 2nd attempt on there though.

Oh right, I have not heard of the, but its kind of good to hear this is a possible solution. I understand not for definite. I am interested to hear how you get on. My paypal to credit card ratio is 50:50 right now.
    I received a reply finally from Prestige Web Design. Seems my first email went to spam.
    We have had the same issue with a couple of clients recently and they made the decision to migrate away from zencart because of the lack of core development progress.

Zencart is pretty much a dead project (and has been for years) with only minor security updates pushed out a few times a year.

Paypal’s PCP system is a huge integration task – it’s more of a “platform” than a payment plugin, and it not very easy to integrate, unfortunately it’s not just a few lines of code and job completed I am afraid. We can provide you with costings to do this but it will not be cheap, it may be an option like my other clients to maybe think about migrating over to wordpress with WooCommerce?

Please let me know how you would like to proceed
    I disagree with the "zen cart is dead" but feel if an upgraded module to take over from WPP isn't developed fear it will be.
    I've asked for a quote and timeline anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gsh68 View Post
    I received a reply finally from Prestige Web Design. Seems my first email went to spam.

I disagree with the "zen cart is dead" but feel if an upgraded module to take over from WPP isn't developed fear it will be.
    I've asked for a quote and timeline anyway.
    I am going with Breathe Pay also, thanks so much for posting about them.

Yes I disagree Zen Cart is dead, I still think it is a great platform, hopefully people are still donating as I do when they can to keep it going. The developer I still use is a big fan of Zen Cart too. People come and go I guess, new developers take over from others. Hope the payment module is also upgraded, yes it would help keep it going strong if so.

Plugin Contributions

From around 2009 - 2010, we saw the rise of cloud-based shopping carts (Wix. Shopify) aimed at the small retailer and aspiring micro-entrepreneur. This was our market at the time, and it wasn't long before the commercial rug had been pulled from under our feet, when potential (and existing) customers queried why they should be paying us thousands to develop and maintain their webshop, when Wix was charging a handful of dollars a month.
    The problem of course with these cloud-based systems is that they are "one-size-fits-all" and there is very little scope for cutom functional features and services. Quite few customers who migrated to Wix discovered this, and called me to look at re-instating zencart. By that time, I'd moved on - operating my own online businesses with zencart and no longer having the time to do sites for others.
    Zencart remains one of the most comprehensive and veratile eCommerce platforms, and while I am the first to acknowledge that it requires a lot of attention and a fair degree of expertise to manage properly, any serious online seller will make the investment needed, both in cash and in hours.
    If Paypal were (as they like to claim) sincerely supportive of developers, they would develop suitable modules themselves. That they appear totally disinterested is unfortunate, but anyone who's serious about their online business will find alternatives.
    We operated WPP for around 9 years (alongside PP Express), but now use Square for card processing, and have maintained PP Express as an option. Square is not perfect by any means... We find their dashboard clunky and confusing in many cases, but as far as card payments on our sites is concerned, we are pleased that it all works well.
    My advice to shop owners (particularly UK), is to stop wasting precious hours trying to get WPP re-designed, and look at Square as a viable option. Retain PP Express as some people still use it.
    Last edited by schoolboy; 8 Oct 2022 at 12:47 PM.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Breathe and Fondy are cheaper alternatives to Square for cc processing. Both have drop-in modules for Zen Cart.
    The Fondy dashboard seems a better design than Breathe but Breathe is a bit cheaper and I've been impressed with the hands-on approach they have taken to get me up and running for testing.
    I am signing up with Breathe until a Paypal module is (hopefully) developed.

Plugin Contributions

Just an update: my onboarding to Breathe Payments went smoothly and only took 2 days I think. I've had my first sales and they used 3DS v2.1 for authorisation.
    I'd prefer a hosted fields page rather than a redirect to Breathe's portal. Breathe supplies a pdf of how to implement this, but it is way above my head.

I'd still prefer a Paypal Commerce integration to keep all my payments in one place with immediate access to funds but this will work for now.

Plugin Contributions

We've added 3DSV2 to our Braintree Payments module. The new version will be released this week.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    No funding = No movement.
    I offered swguy money to create the paypal commerce plugin and got blocked on facebook for asking if there was any progress.

If you are serious about getting paypal commerce integrated, how much money will be needed?
    Last edited by DigitalShadow; 20 Oct 2022 at 09:51 AM.

Plugin Contributions

A little reminder for those in the UK/EU who were using WPP.
    If you've switched it off as it is no longer useable for 3DS payments, don't forget to cancel your monthly recurring payment! The Express button doesn't require a monthly fee.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast