Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Estimator

Zen Cart v1.5.7c
    Php Version PHP Version 7.3.33
    Big Royal Mail

Please could I have some help getting my shipping estimator to work.

Firstly I could see messages in my log showing
    PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; rm1stpacket has a deprecated constructor in /home/tidytoys/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/rm1stpacket.php on line 12

So I have changed made the following coding changes

// class constructor
    // function rmairsure() {
    function _construct() {

I have 5 different choices for mailing. 3 are for uk customers and 2 are for outside the uk.
    Big Royal Mail is nice and simple in the fact that I only need 2 files for each type of postage.

Now I have the Shipping Estimator showing ... but I only need the country to show up on the shipping estimator, the State/Province and Post Code options are not needed for estimating the costs. Even when completing all 3 choices Im not getting any estimates to show up.

Im getting this message in my log but dont know if its connected to the issue ...

--> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant DATE_TIME_FORMAT - assumed 'DATE_TIME_FORMAT' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/tidytoys/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 189.

Name:  Shipping.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  47.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Estimator

DATE_TIME_FORMAT issue:
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra.../#zen-cart-157

Big Royal Mail and Shipping Estimator - check the support thread:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....oyal-Mail-3-0/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I will read and try and follow ...

But Please could you tell me how I remove the State and Post Code options from the menu ?

Plugin Contributions

This is really difficult for me.

Im not a coder and the files I use for Royal Mail calculation
    arent the really complex ones that are used by other people.

I struggle and most of the things that are thrown at me to do I cant understand.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry .. but this means nothing to me ...

A number of constants which were unused by the core were removed from language files. If you use a plugin which relied on these defines, you should expect a PHP Notice in your /logs folder. To resolve this, define the needed constants in a plugin specific file or an override, as appropriate. Some of the defines removed are DATE_FORMAT_SHORT and DATE_TIME_FORMAT, which some plugins may have used even though core Zen Cart code does not.

Plugin Contributions

For calculating uk 1st class postage ...

I just have 2 files

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/rm1stpacket.php and
    includes/modules/shipping/rm1stpacket.php

PHP Code:
    <?php
    /*

GPL released as part of the big_royalmail_v2.3 package

see CREDITS.txt for the contributors and support forum.

*/
    if(!defined('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM_EXPIRES')){define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM_EXPIRES'1238976000);}

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TEXT_TITLE''Royal Mail 1<sup>st</sup> Class <i style="font-weight: normal">&quot;Packet&quot;</i>');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TEXT_DESCRIPTION''Royal Mail 1<sup>st</sup> Class <i style="font-weight: normal">&quot;Packet&quot;</i> Rates.  Weights in kg.  <i>Rates valid until '.date('jS M Y'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM_EXPIRES).'</i>');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TEXT_WAY''Great Britain and Northern Ireland only');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TEXT_UNITS''kg(s)');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_INVALID_ZONE''GB &amp; Northern Ireland only for this service');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_UNDEFINED_RATE''The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TEXT_UNDERMINTOTAL''The 1<sup>st</sup> Class <i style="font-weight: normal">&quot;Packet&quot;</i> service is only available for orders over &pound;');
    define('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TEXT_OVERMAXTOTAL''The 1<sup>st</sup> Class <i style="font-weight: normal">&quot;Packet&quot;</i> service is only available for orders under &pound;');

PHP Code:
    <?php
    /*

GPL released as part of the big_royalmail_v2.3 package

see CREDITS.txt for the contributors and support forum.

*/

class rm1stpacket {
        var 
    $code$title$description$enabled$num_zones ;

// class constructor

function _construct() { 
    //    function rm1stpacket() {

global $order$total_weight$messageStack ;

$this->version '2.3.8';

$this->code 'rm1stpacket';

$this->title = ( (defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG') && IS_ADMIN_FLAG == true) ? @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_TITLE'). ' <b style="color:#ff4000">ver. '.$this->version.'</b>' constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_TITLE') );

$this->description = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_DESCRIPTION');

$this->sort_order = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_SORT_ORDER');

$this->icon = (( defined('DIR_WS_ICONS') ? DIR_WS_ICONS 'images/icons/' ) . 'shipping_ukrm.jpg');

$this->tax_class = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TAX_CLASS');

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_STATUS == 'True') ? true false);

// CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones 1;

// inspired by Jim Barrington (JollyJim)

if( isset($order) && @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_HIDE_SHIPPING_ERRORS') == 'True' ){

switch(isset(
    $order->info['subtotal'])){

case 
    true:
              if( 
    $order->info['subtotal'] < @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MIN_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->enabled false;
                return ;
              }else
              if(
    MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE != -&& $order->info['subtotal'] > @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MAX_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->enabled false;
                return ;
              }
            break;

case 
    false:
              if(
    $order->info['total'] < @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MIN_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->enabled false;
                  return ;
              }else
              if(
    MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE != -&& $order->info['total'] > @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MAX_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->enabled false;
                  return ;
              }
            break;

} 
    // end of switch on subtotal

// check that it is a valid country being shipped to.

$dest_country $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];

$dest_zone 0;

for (
    $i=1$i<=$this->num_zones$i++) {

$countries_table constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COUNTRIES_' $i);

$country_zones preg_split("/,/"preg_replace('/\s*/','',$countries_table) );
              if (
    in_array($dest_country$country_zones)) {

$dest_zone $i;
                break;
              }
            }

// ship to country is invalid for this service

if ($dest_zone == 0) {

$this->enabled false;
                return ;
            }else{

$this->enabled false;  // enabled set to true if valid shipping weight found

$zones_cost constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COST0_' $dest_zone);

$zones_table preg_split("/[:,]/" preg_replace('/\s*/','',$zones_cost) );

$size sizeof($zones_table);
            for (
    $i=0$i<$size$i+=2) {
              if (
    $total_weight <= $zones_table[$i]) {

$this->enabled true;

// disable when entire cart is free shipping defined by total weight = 0 as initiated by freeshipper

if ($total_weight <=0) {

$this->enabled = ((MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_STATUS == 'false') ? true false);
              }
                break;
              }
            } 
    // end of looping through

return ;

} 
    // end of valid country

// end of if hide invalid shipping methods is set

}

// class methods

function quote($method '') {
          global 
    $order$shipping_weight$shipping_num_boxes$currency;

$currencies = new currencies();

$dest_country $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2'];

$dest_zone 0;

$error false;

for (

$country_zones preg_split("/,/"preg_replace('/\s*/','',$countries_table) );
            if (
    in_array($dest_country$country_zones)) {

$dest_zone $i;
              break;
            }
          }

//12 FEB 04 MBeedell    NO specified country (or *) then use this zone for all shipping rates

if ($dest_zone == 0) {
            for (

if (
    $countries_table == '' or $countries_table == '*') {

$dest_zone $i;
                break;
              }
            }
          }
          if (
    $dest_zone == 0) {

$error true;
          } else {

$shipping = -1;

//12 FEB 04 MBeedell    'glue' together the rates from the 10 cost data entry boxes

$zones_cost constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COST0_' $dest_zone);

$zones_table preg_split("/[:,]/" preg_replace('/\s*/','',$zones_cost) );

$size sizeof($zones_table);
            for (
    $i=0$i<$size$i+=2) {
              if (
    $shipping_weight <= $zones_table[$i]) { 

$shipping $zones_table[$i+1];

//12 Feb 04 MBeedell - correctly format the total weight... if the weight exceeds the max
                //  weight, then it is divided down over a number of separate packages - so the weight could end
                //  up being a long fraction.

$sw_text number_format($shipping_weight3$currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_point'], $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['thousands_point']);

$shipping_method = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_WAY') . ' ' $dest_country ' : ' $sw_text ' ' constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_UNITS');

$shipping_method = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_WAY') . ' : ' $sw_text ' ' constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_UNITS');

if (
    $shipping_num_boxes 1) {

// PC corrected shipping_num_boxes

$sw_text number_format($shipping_num_boxes0$currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_point'], $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['thousands_point']);

$shipping_method $shipping_method ' in ' $sw_text ' boxes ';

}
                break;
              }
            }

if (
    $shipping == -1) {

$shipping_cost 0;

$shipping_method = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_UNDEFINED_RATE');

//$shipping_method = $zones_cost;        //12 FEB 04 MBeedell    useful for debug-print out the rates list!

} else {

$shipping_cost = ($shipping $shipping_num_boxes) + constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_HANDLING_' $dest_zone);
            }
          }

$this->quotes = array('id' => $this->code,

'module' => @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_TITLE') ,
    //                             'module' => 'Royal Mail 1<sup>st</sup> class <i style="font-weight: normal">&quot;packet&quot;</i>' ,

'methods' => array(array('id' => $this->code,

'title' => $shipping_method,

'cost' => $shipping_cost)));

if (
    $this->tax_class 0) {

$this->quotes['tax'] = zen_get_tax_rate($this->tax_class$order->delivery['country']['id'], $order->delivery['zone_id']);
          }

if (
    zen_not_null($this->icon)) $this->quotes['icon'] = zen_image($this->icon$this->title);

switch(isset(
    $order->info['subtotal'])){

case 
    true:
                if(
    $order->info['subtotal'] < @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MIN_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->quotes['error'] = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_UNDERMINTOTAL') . number_format(MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MIN_ORDERVALUE,2)  ;
                  return 
    $this->quotes;
                }else
                if(
    MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE != -&& $order->info['subtotal'] > @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MAX_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->quotes['error'] = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_OVERMAXTOTAL') . number_format(MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE,2)  ;
                  return 
    $this->quotes;
                }
              break;

case 
    false:
                if(
    $order->info['total'] < @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MIN_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->quotes['error'] = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_UNDERMINTOTAL') . number_format(MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MIN_ORDERVALUE,2)  ;
                  return 
    $this->quotes;
                }else
                if(
    MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE != -&& $order->info['total'] > @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_MAX_ORDERVALUE')){

$this->quotes['error'] = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_TEXT_OVERMAXTOTAL') . number_format(MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE,2)  ;
                  return 
    $this->quotes;
                }
              break;

}

if (
    $shipping == -1) {

$this->quotes['error'] = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_UNDEFINED_RATE');
          }

if (
    $error == true$this->quotes['error'] = @constant('MODULE_SHIPPING_'.(strtoupper($this->code)).'_INVALID_ZONE');

return 
    $this->quotes;
        }

function 
    check() {
        global 
    $db;
          if (!isset(
    $this->_check)) {

$check_query $db->Execute("select configuration_value from " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_STATUS'");

$this->_check $check_query->RecordCount();
          }
          return 
    $this->_check;
        }

function 
    install() {
        global 
    $db;

$this->remove();

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Enable this shipping option', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_STATUS', 'False', 'If you need to adjust your shipping rates, you can use this option to disable it in your shop, instead of re-installing', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Hide Invalid Shipping', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_HIDE_SHIPPING_ERRORS', 'False', 'Hide this shipping service if it is not valid (either due to exceeding the maximum weight or the min &amp; max order values).', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Tax Class', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TAX_CLASS', '0', 'Use the following tax class on the shipping fee.', '6', '0', 'zen_get_tax_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_tax_classes(', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort Order', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_SORT_ORDER', '100', 'Sort order of display.', '6', '0', now())");

$handling_test $db->Execute("SELECT configuration_key FROM " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " WHERE configuration_key IN ( 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MIN_ORDERVALUE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_HANDLING_1' ) " );

if(!
    $handling_test->RecordCount()){

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Minimum Order Value', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MIN_ORDERVALUE', '0.00', 'Minimum order value in &pound; GBP for this shipping option.<br />Set to 0 for no minimum order value.', '6', '0', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Maximum Order Value', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE', '32.00', 'Maximum order value in &pound; GBP for this shipping option.<br />Set to -1 if there is no Maximum', '6', '0', now())");

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Handling Fee', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_HANDLING_1', '0', 'The amount it costs you to package the items for first class delivery.', '6', '0', now())");

}

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Zone 1 Countries', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COUNTRIES_1', 'GB,GG,JE,IM', 'two character ISO country codes for Great Britain and Northern Ireland " $i ".', '6', '0', now())");

if(!
    defined('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COST0_1')){

$db->Execute("insert into " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Shipping rates to GB &amp; Northern Ireland', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COST0_1', '0.1:1.14,0.25:1.45, 0.5:1.94, 0.75:2.51, 1.0:3.08, 1.25:4.30, 1.5:5.00, 1.75:5.70, 2:6.40, 4:8.22, 6:11.02', 'Correct to 6<sup>th</sup> April 2009, a SQL patch is available for the 2009 rates. <br />Example: 0.1:1.14 means weights less than or equal to 0.1 Kg would cost &pound;1.14.', '6', '0', 'zen_cfg_textarea(', now())");
          }

}

function 
    remove() {
        global 
    $db;

$db->Execute("delete from " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " where configuration_key in ('" implode("', '"$this->keys()) . "') AND configuration_key NOT IN ('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MIN_ORDERVALUE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_HANDLING_1') AND configuration_key NOT LIKE 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COST%'");

$db->Execute("delete from " TABLE_CONFIGURATION " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COUNTRIES_1'");
        }

function 
    keys() {

$keys = array('MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_STATUS''MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_HIDE_SHIPPING_ERRORS''MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_TAX_CLASS''MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_SORT_ORDER''MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MIN_ORDERVALUE''MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_MAX_ORDERVALUE');

$keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_HANDLING_1';

$keys[] = 'MODULE_SHIPPING_RM1STPACKET_ZONES_COST0_1';

return 
    $keys;
        }
      }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

I'm, unfortunately, not familiar with the Royal Mail shipping module ... but I'll try to help. It looks like you're using a clone of the built-in 'responsive_classic' template; please advise.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, Im using the responsive_classic template but have just adjusted settings and messed about to get it how I want it to look

Plugin Contributions

With the shipping ... I just replicate these 2 files for each shipping type that I have.

Royal Mail can be complicated but Im just after a simple solution as Im working by the weight of the item and finding
    a corresponding postal price for that weight band.

I have 1st, 2nd Class post and courier for uk customers

and two different Royal Mail products for overseas.

I only need to know the country the parcel is being sent to.

Hence, the State/Province and Zip/Post Code can be removed from the shipping estimator box.

The trouble is that I dont have any coding experience with modern languages and just muddle through.
    I can find my way round zen cart to change lines that Im told to change but cant come up with my own solutions.
    Last edited by toyseller; 2 Nov 2022 at 01:55 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I removed the changes I did to the code ...

"So I have changed made the following coding changes

// class constructor
    // function rmairsure() {
    function _construct() { "

And now the shipping is showing ...
    except now the 1st and 2nd class isnt now showing in my admin panel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast