Quote Originally Posted by icemint View Post
Great, no error message when Read only types + Display only opted out.

Now, I don't want to see the Read only options and values shown with items customers put in the cart. Why? Because these options are for information only, quite long, and not necessary. Could this be achievable?

Thank you for your input!
I haven't looked into the details again, but there are two potions that come to mind and the "better" of them really depends on what you find easier to implement and then maintain.

One option is to use css code specifically for the shopping_cart page (and each subsequent page) , the other option is to modify data being output for the shipping cart page and again as necessary elsewhere.

Other pages where that same attribute data is presented include the confirmation page, the email(s), order history including when looking at orders in the admin, the invoice and the packing list.

For the coded version is the way I would go, personally so that I could just ignore all attributes that were of the readonly type assuming that was the end goal and not to have to pick and choose which one(s) to allow or hide.